Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One biggest struggle you face with your mental health

User Profile: ASilentObserver
ASilentObserver May 4th, 2019

We are in the month of Mental Health Awareness.

What is the one biggest struggle you face with your mental health?

Share in the comments!

❑ Join us and take a minute to introduce and tell about your relationships experiences here

❑ If you like to get update and alert for what's happening in the community, add your name here

❑ Also, if you have a passion for supporting people with relationship concerns, see if this is your opportunity, click here

195
User Profile: thequietmouse
thequietmouse May 6th, 2019

The biggest struggle I face while dealing with my bipolar disorder and anxiety disorder is that they clash so frequently, making it difficult to feel better.

I get really depressed and I dont want to do anything. Then I get a manic episode and tell myself that it's time to try all these new things that might help. But then my anxiety shows up and is like, "here's a list of 50 things that could go wrong so you shouldn't do that." Then I'm back to square one.

1 reply
User Profile: Bellipotent
Bellipotent May 6th, 2019

@thequietmouse I can relate to that, my situation is similar. It's not always easy to admit that sometimes, what we need is not to do more, but to be comforted and reassured about what we already have. When the fluctuations in mood and mind are so intense that we loose sight of our progress, It's so easy to let that fear consume us and either push everything away or rush into a dangerous situation where caution is a must.

Praying for you, may your journey be full of mindful presence, kindness and love. You are worthy of it, you are obviously dedicated to living a better life, and you care about yourself enough to admit where you're weak, instead of just selfishly blaming the world for your problems. Bravo.

load more
User Profile: Bellipotent
Bellipotent May 6th, 2019

A second came to mind. Im afraid that reaching out to others will bring hurt and pain ro their doorstep.

User Profile: hockey8628
hockey8628 May 6th, 2019

Because I struggle with anxiety and depression, some of the biggest struggles for me can be just as simple as doing things I love. I really love hanging out with my friends. Whenever I do so tho and whenever I am spending time with them, I always feel so unimportant and useless. Often, I get these feelings to the point where I bring myself to having a panic attack.

Usually, one of my friends will notice this (since I mostly hang out with my friends who know about my mental health issues) and she will usually have to coax me out of the panic attack and try to comfort me.

I still cannot bring myself to being comfortable around people no matter what I do. I always feel like I am just being a bother and, it is so hard for me to tell others that I am feeling this way. I have tried to repeatedly but it does not work properly and to this day, I still want to tell others and open up to them.

User Profile: kingsfan4life2
kingsfan4life2 May 6th, 2019

I have really debilitating anxiety. I've had it for 8 plus years and its been so hard/ feels almost impossible to fully heal or at least heal to the point where it's not a huge daily struggle. It was very strong since about 2015 and I've had two separate times of not being able to work due to the stress of a full time job. Last year it came to a breaking point and it was the worst it had ever been and I had to move out of a new living situation and quit my job. I took about 7 months off and just got a new job. Now its been building and building and I'm so worried I'm going to spiral out of control again. I was working very hard to get a new job and I took a job that is absolutely not at all conducive to healing. I'm incredibly sensitive to stressors and I can't help it, but this new job is absolutely brutal. It's extremely complicated and you have to deal with helping older people enroll into Medicare insurance. A huge trigger of mine is people related. So, constantly having to deal with people and deal with difficult subject matter is excruciating. On top of that I live with two people I don't really like or don't feel I can talk to at all which big time compounds these issues. So, I'm stressed and anxious at home and stressed and anxious at work and don't feel I get a release at all. I don't necessarily have much financial support from family and so I pretty much have to support myself, which adds to the fear and anxiety because I feel stressed and anxious and I know what those feelings can do and then they make me more stressed and anxious because I don't really have a fall back option.

I have been trying to identify what exactly makes me so anxious, stressed and worried about this job and I've tried almost everything I know to ease my mind, but nothing is working. I think it's a number of different things, including being new, unclear communication from management, not enough help or support from management and dealing with people all day long and then coming home and not feeling I can vent or have people that care to listen. I try to reach out to friends and family and that can help, but I also don't want to be a drain all the time.

I'm just feeling very stuck, worried and unsure about what to do besides leaving another job.

User Profile: Chrstn1520
Chrstn1520 May 6th, 2019

I always struggled with anxiety and over time formed my own definition of who I was as a person and let that define me. It was awful since I always saw myself as worthless and just not really existent. It wasn

User Profile: affectionateShip3957
affectionateShip3957 May 6th, 2019

I was having a very peaceful life until this guy entered my life and things got stuck up in between for him I was just his friend and for me he was more than a friend. well thats when I started feeling lone the fear of being left out, the fear of staying alone stuck me hard, I am struggling to get over it. I want my peacefull life back but not able to find the path. i m happy to be here but :)

User Profile: 32543bbb
32543bbb May 6th, 2019

Finding the reason. Finding the point of everything.

User Profile: Clayton76
Clayton76 May 6th, 2019

I feel like I can see the end. Not in a morbid or crazy way, I just feel like I can play out all of the outcome of the choices in front of me and none of them are good. In fact they all are devastatingly negative. And I'm certain of it. It makes it hard to have hope, or drive when you are certain it doesn't matter anyway. It's a pretty crummy feeling to know nothing you do is going to make things better because you already know how it turns out. Even worse when people rely on you. I feel like a slave, my labor is required for someone else's well being, and I'm expected to play out and live the pain for the good of others

2 replies
User Profile: Clayton76
Clayton76 May 6th, 2019

@Clayton76

The thing about this is, when someone tells you it will be okay, all you can do is think, "if only they could see what I see" someone tries to give you comfort and you think, "Ive already seen how this turns out."

User Profile: GoldenChance
GoldenChance May 10th, 2019

@Clayton76

Pay a professional. You can talk in confidence about anything. It won't get back to anyone. I've never felt better in my life and I am 64.

load more
User Profile: IddyG
IddyG May 6th, 2019

One struggle I face with my mental health is experiencing the physical symptoms, such as being shaky, fatigue, or breathing in too much. As well as dealing with intrusive thoughts about dangerous topics, myself, and cotamination (or just me thinking I'll obtain a deadly disease somehow)

It sucks

2 replies
User Profile: Clayton76
Clayton76 May 6th, 2019

@IddyG

"Intrusive thoughts about dangerous topics." I totally understand, and am sorry. I know it sucks. These thoughts become like old friends. I've learned to laugh them off like I do when a pal suggests shananagans.

I feel for you and extend my warmest well wishes.

1 reply
User Profile: IddyG
IddyG May 6th, 2019

@Clayton76

Thank you so much!!

I'm so glad to learn that I'm not alone on this sort of thing. We all need to stand together to find help and educate people about metal health.

load more
load more

The biggest problem for me is i have made unfoirgivable mistakes in my past. I mean these are so bad that i cant even talk about it to my therapist cause it would probably get me. So will never truly get better.

1 reply
User Profile: GoldenChance
GoldenChance May 10th, 2019

@Theringersfavoritering67

Who says they are unforgivable mistakes?

load more