One biggest struggle you face with your mental health
We are in the month of Mental Health Awareness.
What is the one biggest struggle you face with your mental health?
Share in the comments!
❑ Join us and take a minute to introduce and tell about your relationships experiences here
❑ If you like to get update and alert for what's happening in the community, add your name here
❑ Also, if you have a passion for supporting people with relationship concerns, see if this is your opportunity, click here
The biggest struggle I face with my Mental Health is pretending that Im okay. Putting a smile on every day even when your breaking inside. For years I've put a mask on and disguised my Mental Health not letting anyone know how I'm feeling. It is like an internal battle, you feel like you can't talk or ask for help because you've been so strong for so long. You feel weak. So you have to go everyday battling your toxic thoughts. The biggest thing I've had to come to terms to is its okay to ask for help, and that it doesn't make you any less of a person. I've had to learn that even though I value helping others to make them happier that I have to be selfish for me,and only then can I help others to my best ability.
@xxRoseAlicexx1
IIcan relate feeling like your not able to ask for help. My dad is one of the strongest people I've met. While my sister's are both comfortable getting help with their anxiety. The pressure to be as strong as dad makes me feel like I have to shoulder everyone's burdens, which precludes letting anyone help me with mine.
Its almost compulsory to be strong for other people.
I find myself spinning myself in circles trying to come up with the best possible solution to things that dont even need solving yet. I find myself in my head most of the time, and taking on so much of other peoples stress that it physically affects me
@RoseWaterwLime
Ironically, just a few seconds ago, I just told someone about the dangers that I faced about living in my head for 20+ years. It ruined me, shattered my viewpoint and processing of the world and people around me. I say to you, take the time to step into the world more and see it truly and not what you think it could be, should be, or would be. This includes taking on so many things at once just because.....reasons. I've been there and I've finally gotten out of it. My life has been a whole lot better when I finally, thanks to the Holy Spirit, decided to start stepping out of my head more and being into the world that God has placed me in.
It's dangerous in your mind as you are more vulnerable there than you'd expect. It's there where YOU are the one fighting and consulting with...well YOU. I didn't truly realize this until recently when I had several mental breakdowns from tackling too much internally and mentally tossing the world at my chest thinking I could take it. I started to realize that I was the one doing all the damage and not the world. That I was the one over complicating things and putting myself in internal conflict and mental suffering and NOT that the world is just that chaotic.
When one walks on their own, they get overwhelmed by the world. But when one walks with God, they see the world for what it truly is and begins to understand what they should and shouldn't do moving forward as challenges arise (and they will arise no matter what). This was the message that saved me and healed me ever since. Now, I've had a much clearer mind. Now, I've approached the world's problems being tossed my way in healthier manners. That's what I'd like for you to do, find a healthier manner to approach the world and approach how you manage your mind. One of the tips that I picked up on a couple days ago was realizing what's truly worth and what isn't worth focusing on in the grand scheme of things. Let's clean up some of that mental chaos.
I'd say perhaps start there and work your way up and around and I believe you'll get further than ever, but know that it won't be an overnight fix. It took me months just to get here, but it's months that I am beyond happy that I took the time and patience (which slipped in and out) to get through. It can be different for everybody. Just be patient and forgiving to yourself and remember "we are just human at the end of the day". We're allowed to not be able to be masters of everything all at once. We're allowed to fail every now and then. We're allowed to slip up BIG TIME or in a minor way. The key is how we deal with these low moments.
With peace, blessings, love, and progress in your days to come.
I just don't have the meaning, purpose, energy in doing things. I've tried so many times making my own meaning, but somehow it is just crushed by reality.
My biggest struggle is I hate feeling vulnerable and needing to talk to people. I feel like people are sick of hearing my trivial bullshit. There are people inc friends and family going through so much more important stuff I dont want to add to that burden.
My anxiety and depression is often misunderstood by friends and they wonder why I worry about money because I have enough money not to worry. They think Im being a crappy friend when I cant commit to anything that involves spending money. They dont see me battle and shake and cry or skip meals. The constant struggle in my head when it comes to simple things like buying food. Repeating to myself that I have money Im ok, I can spend it and not worry and then the thought of what if the money you spend is never replaced and your children go hungry or we loose our house.
I get tired of fighting all the time to be normal and not worry.
@sincereWatermelon7719
You're normal just like everyone; like everyone else, you just need to work on some things.
@ASilentObserver
A big struggle for me is...
keeping a good relationship, I often find myself over reacting, or having huge mood swings, and it scares my parnter
Self love and forgiveness
I feel I am at fault for that fact that we might have to move soon
My biggest struggle is not to overthink when Im happy. Its like I cant just be happy I have to pick things apart and worry. Its incredibly frustrating and soul destroying.
I know exactly what to do but have no longer the motivation to do it...
The sometimes crippling depression associated with the grieving of the loss of both of my parents. I lost my mother way back in 2002 to ALS and recently lost my father 3/11. It is a very difficult new challenge the has me feeling more alone than life ever has. I am in therapy to worki through my grieving on any level my emotions allow me to however some days I continue to finds myself sobbing and paralyzed with loss and fear not having either of them to ask for advise. Life is really cold and hard when you feel alone and the support you relied on your whole life and at times took for granted is suddenly gone. The feeling of deep pain and finality is so overwhelming. It takes a lot to pull myself up by my boot straps and have confidence that I can and will be ok. It takes a while to learn to be ok with living more or less alone. I still have a younger brother about 3 yrs younger than me but he has his own life and marriage that is full of struggles and he is 1,300 miles away. Life is hard
@bgdave you brake my heart...
@bgdave That's very mistfortunate. Yes, it's very hard to move on. But if you keep thinking about what you lost over the past years, I'm telling you by experience there's no end to it and there's no beneficial factor to it as well. Try to distract yourself with the responsibilities you have on hand and keep thinking of ways to make your as well as your brother's life more delightful. At some point of time you got to move on. Take tiny steps to crawl back to your normal lifestyle. It's hard but if you don't put efforts you'll keep regretting the things you haven't done in the past. Please move on before it is too late. I wish you all kinds of luck in your life to come and my deepest condolences on your losses.