One biggest struggle you face with your mental health
We are in the month of Mental Health Awareness.
What is the one biggest struggle you face with your mental health?
Share in the comments!
❑ Join us and take a minute to introduce and tell about your relationships experiences here
❑ If you like to get update and alert for what's happening in the community, add your name here
❑ Also, if you have a passion for supporting people with relationship concerns, see if this is your opportunity, click here
One of my biggest struggles are wanting people to validate my affective ness in the things I do. I got to learn to be happy with my own accomplishments regardless of what others think 🤔 or say. I have to learn to pat my own self on the back for my good works
Staying focused. I have many pprojects/tasks. Instead of finding one to focus on, I end up beginning something new.
@Nhisgrace
You have a very busy and active mind, but may I suggest making a priority list of your projects. Take the time when you can and organize your projects in a Major/Minor priority list or any list order that would suit you personally. By doing so, you can get a better idea on what is worth or what you have the capability to actually engage in more. This can help kill that chaos of creativity (as beautiful as it is to have the mind of a busy active individual, this can cause eventual problems down the line when looking back at what you've actually accomplished and focused on in life). Like I said, if you haven't already, work on making custom to your liking prioritized list of things you want to do or accomplish at a certain goal, deadline, however works for you.
Hope this helps.
With a peace of mind in your coming days working,
SaleemF
I am so mentally strong that I have no mental power to overcome my mental problems...life is a constant paradox and a bad joke...
I am so lonely and it feels like I am not good enough to love. I never felt unloved the majority of my life but when I turned 50 and my last long term relationship went bad the universe took a giant steaming dump on my life and my love life. I feel like I am alone in my own hell.
@bgdave
Dave, the universe may seem like it's out to get you, but the truth is (and I discovered this not too long ago after my divorce with a bonus rejection from asking out someone eventually) that God may actually be saving you for something much better in the grand scheme of things. What now feels like everything crash in down on you and shattering you to a million pieces (trust me, I've been there) may actually be the universe wanting to build you back up stronger and better. Sometimes something has to be "destroyed" in order for it to evolve.
I was down in a pit of despair and borderline suicidal thinking (so basically the lowest of the low) after several things in my life went completely downwards all at the same time. It was living there in that space for quite a long time where I decided that instead of ending my life, I will choose to live a new one. That's right! I will choose to start a new chapter where this one ends. My story doesn't end with despair and darkness! So, the Holy Spirit sends down its ladder and I climbed up and started a new life. One that has been admittedly a difficult journey, but one that has deeply rewarded me like nothing else in my life ever could. I went from living in agony and suffering to living in peace and joy (and I'm single all this time dealing with immense loneliness).
I still undergo the same conflicts as I did before, but now I view them much differently. I see God as a storyteller and He has crafted quite the character arc for me. I see this in you too Dave (not to step on your religious beliefs if you have any). I see this as your moment to start a new as I did. Age is but a number and singleness is but a part of life. It's not an error and it's not a failure. It's just a part of your story that opens up unique oppurtunities to self betterment and righteousness that wouldn't exist if you were in a relationship (or still in one). This is what the Universe may be doing as that's what it did for me. I never would've found this joy and peace in living if I was still married (not to take anything away from marraige but mines needed to end even if I didn't feel so at the time).
I say this to say, look at your brokenness as a piece of clay ready to be molded into something new and beautiful. Don't overthink, don't live in anxiety, and don't let loneliness kill your spirit as it has done to me in the past. There is more to this story of yours than you think. You only have to make the bold step in putting effort in fully realizing that.
May the Holy Spirit guide you in this troubling time. I shall pray for you.
@SaleemF
I thank you for your kindness in taking the time to reach out to me and share your personal experience. I have thought much about what the reasons may be that there may be a path that I am intended to follow but I just have not discovered what my purpose is yet. I am just going through a lot of emotional and physical pain that is very hard to manage and still surrender to Gods or the universe or whatever higher power. I am sober and seeing a therapist to work through my grieving and my other issues. I struggle so hard with loneliness and yes maybe this is exactly where I am supposed to be at this moment. I am not giving up or thinking of doing anything dark like I too almost did back in 2015 when I hit rock bottom and was jobless and my father and stepmother put me into a homeless shelter. I just need to keep hope alive and get through this time of grieving my father and get the medical procedure I require to reduce my spinal pain to a tolerable level. Bless you and your empathy, you too are in my prayers. 🙏😇🙏
@bgdave
I think it's absolutely awesome that you're seeing a therapist about this. Taking the right steps already in my book. Definitely keep the hope alive as you said.
I feel like no one understands me. I am very moody and have a lot of triggers. I feel like I am surrounded by emotional land mines.
Perfectionism...
This is not a health problem which will get cured easily and fast, a long term treatment is required. one van takes the health insurance plan from The Health Exchange Agency company. Just see this site for more information.
Consistence
Ny biggest fear is that if I tell people no one will believe how much I am really struggling or they will judge me. I just need someone to reach out to me, but yet when someone did I covered it up with "I'm ok" and I could tell he didn't believe me but I just can't bring myself to tell him. He might be the only person on the planet who cares for me and I don't want to ruin that or ruin our relationship because I can't get out of my own head
@blueCamp8860
Living in my mind has been my comfort zone for as long as I can remember. I'm 27 making 28 in a couple months, and I can think all the way back to being 5 years old where living in my head was a daily thing for me. It's brought me comfort for literally decades....yet it's also brought me pain in inevitable deep feelings of isolation and loneliness making it hard for me to truly connect to others even those that I view as friends. Living in my mind has shattered my view and process of the world and people in general making me feel like some outcast that no one will ever be able to or even care to understand.
I don't know your particular beliefs and religion (if you follow any), but what I will tell you is that God has put it in my mind and heart to realize the damage that living in my mind has done all these years. It has made me feel unworthy to fully open up to others in fear of judgement and/or embarassment (even if I claim to not care about anyone's thoughts). I say this to say, start to make efforts in genuinely, but carefully, stepping outside of your mental room and boldly step into the world. It doesn't mean that you should turn into an open book spilling your guts to everyone, but try to see if you can make the effort in slowly pouring out your inner demons, thoughts, fears, joys, and desires to someone that you feel DEEP in your heart is right for listening.
I never thought in a million years that I'd find someone (remember how long I stated that I've lived inside of my mind) that I can begin to finally open myself up to, but I did just recently. I met someone who has their very own issues that I can relate to in various ways and feel as though we can both feel a little more at peace in safely opening up ourselves to one another (or at least that's what I hope). Either way, don't make the same mistake that I've made for years and drown in your own mental space where your biggest pains and pleasures reside and are locked up. If you truly feel like you've met someone that you can at least get certain things off your chest with, take the time and safely and carefully do so.
May your life be filled with peace, joy, and love in your coming days.
P.S.
I'm aware that I'm a complete stranger, but if you feel like you need someone to vent to in any kind of way, you can most definitely continue on this post thread if you feel it's okay. I will tell you what I told the person that I met recently, and I mean it wholeheartedly, "You will get no judgement from me. Only understanding and suggestions, or at the very least, great efforts to understand". I've been through quite the interesting ringer of events and situations in my life, so trust me, I'm not one to look down on anyone. Hope everything works out for ya.
Is consistency