Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One biggest struggle you face with your mental health

User Profile: ASilentObserver
ASilentObserver May 4th, 2019

We are in the month of Mental Health Awareness.

What is the one biggest struggle you face with your mental health?

Share in the comments!

❑ Join us and take a minute to introduce and tell about your relationships experiences here

❑ If you like to get update and alert for what's happening in the community, add your name here

❑ Also, if you have a passion for supporting people with relationship concerns, see if this is your opportunity, click here

195
User Profile: PerrythePlatypus
PerrythePlatypus May 5th, 2019

Trauma triggers. I avoid socializing with other people cos I'm afraid we may end up talking about something that'll trigger me :(

User Profile: BurntSquare
BurntSquare May 5th, 2019

The biggest struggle for me is the fact that I can't really do anything about my problems myself.

I feel extremely lonely everyday, and cry nearly every night because of it. That's my biggest problem. It makes me miserable and makes me feel worthless, unloved, invisible, inferior. And no matter how many times I try and try to be with someone, I can never forcefully find someone who actually loves me. Not to mention school stress. I can't handle that kind of stress, I'm not even sure how to study properly. My big exams are next year and I'm already starting to crack under the pressure. And yet, I can't figure out for the life of me how to help myself handle it stress either. I need someone's help in real life but no one seems to care.

2 replies
User Profile: goodSummer30
goodSummer30 May 5th, 2019

@BurntSquare

You are not alone. Don't ever forget that.

User Profile: MaximumAmusemnt
MaximumAmusemnt May 5th, 2019

@BurntSquare i feel you, wish i was near you but trust me, there are people at there that care and want to help, try helping someone with something they might need and you are good at, we all are good at things others are not, this is how humanity succeeds imo.

load more
User Profile: ArinTheSmolDragon
ArinTheSmolDragon May 5th, 2019

I don't feel like people understand me when they say they do

User Profile: goodSummer30
goodSummer30 May 5th, 2019

Social anxiety. Going out with people, being in cars with other people. I feel safest when I drive msyelf somewhere and have my own music playing or just sitting in silence. Loud sounds, too much talking is so bothersome to me. Why can't people enjoy the quiet moments and calmness that's around them? I live in LA and this is so hard to grapple with at times frown.

2 replies
User Profile: AbbyHarris1976
AbbyHarris1976 May 5th, 2019

@goodSummer30

I live in Chicago and love the city life (or the way Im living it 🙂) despite my social anxiety. I can deal with smallish groups but when it starts getting up over 30 people (and most of them are loud as well as younger than me), then I tend to feel more anxious. Im also anxious with job interviews, dating situations, or any social situation where I feel like Im being put on the spot. 😱

1 reply
User Profile: AbbyHarris1976
AbbyHarris1976 May 5th, 2019

Well, Ill likely be working my current job (even with all its stress lately) and its very unlikely that Ill ever be involved in a romantic relationship, so those are two major anxiety-provoking social situations right there that Ill likely never have to worry about. 😀😂🤣

load more
load more
User Profile: citydweller
citydweller May 5th, 2019

Biggest struggles are my abilities to handle life .. mentally without triggering my anxiety attacks. Mid life crisis, worry of the future, depressed over regrets from my past..etc. I try really hard to center myself and live in the present and try to silence thr brain noise and constant ruminations that segway into near panic attacks.

A little hard to find new believes cause negetivity tends to win our minds when we might feel we are at a bad place.

So here are some new believes for the one feeling we all might have " that we feel broken"

1) I am mending and repairing my beautiful self.

2) I am affected but not defeated and I am putting myself together.

3) My brain is working on gathering myself after a bit of chaos.

4) I am fixing myself with compassion empathy and absolute faith in myself.

5) Small problems don't define what I'll feel forever. I am a creator of solutions.

6) I can always be fixed, whole and loving cause no one takes the power of soothing myself away from me.

7) Everyone great was once broken so there is most definitely a million ways pit of this.

8) Broken propleparent unwortgyuof love. You just start from loving yourself the most.

9) The biggest misconception would be to think you can't fix anything. There are 101 ways and you are worthy of help and healing

10) No one takes the fight to shift your perspective away from you do go make newer better believes around feeling broken.

Have a nice day. ItsItjust a feeling anyone can brave through it and many have wink

2 replies

@selfdisciplinedChestnut9492

10) No one takes the right to shift your perspective away from you so go make new believes *

@selfdisciplinedChestnut9492

8) Broken peoppe are not unworthy of love you just start by loving yourself the most *

load more
User Profile: Iukayotl
Iukayotl May 5th, 2019

I have to reinforce my self-esteem more because I can not stop comparing myself and feeling like a garbage in front of the achievements of others.

User Profile: bgdave
bgdave May 6th, 2019

To learn to forgive and love myself for all to fucken stupid choices I have made in my life that have brought me to my current fucked up existence. 😩

User Profile: Morriz98
Morriz98 May 6th, 2019

Struggleing is something we all do from time to time in our lives. I see a lot of things as a struggle in my everyday life. But the one actual thing i can call a struggle in my life is dealing with my feelings. I can not deal with them some days, i tend to feel sort of unaffected by everything some days. While other days everything effects me a bit to much. I can't control the way i feel at all. I struggle against myself, i have always had the feeling that i am not good enough, that i do not deserve anything. I am beating myself so much while some days not even knowing why.

User Profile: blissfulButterfly32
blissfulButterfly32 May 6th, 2019

I think one of the biggest struggles I face with my mental health is that it changes the way I see things everyday. I dont want to keep blaming my depression and anxiety for the way I see life but it is what it is. On days where my depression is active, I dont have the motivation. I sit in bed all day. I eat less. Ill sleep more than I should. Ill shower less and less often. Id rather stay at home than go out. When it isnt active however, Id actually think about showering and doing a quick but nice 10 minute shower. Id actually get ready to go out and walk around or go out and do something I wanna do like swim or something.

I mentioned anxiety as well. I constantly have to be on my mental guard because I dont want to get hurt maybe because people leave me, or maybe people will get mad at me (one of my fears btw- its a childhood trauma) if I asked or say the wrong thing. I dont want to get on peoples bad side very often because since I was a child, I grew up always being told I was wrong and grew up in a household where theres screaming and fighting all the time that I could hear them from the otherside of the house while I was in my room. Id also always think of the worst case scenario and mentally prepare for that in situations. Obviously they almost never happen but the relief is such a nice feeling. If that makes sense. But yeah thats the gist of it.

1 reply

@blissfulButterfly32 it's hard but I would go for walks listen to calm music write in a journal meet friends and new people.

load more