Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

The person I feel closest to in my life right now is....

User Profile: Laura
Laura March 20th, 2017

The person I feel closest to in my life right now is....[share who & why]

386
User Profile: Fishywishes28
Fishywishes28 February 8th, 2019

The person I feel closet to currently isnt a person at all- it's my pet bunny. He is in my room with me and hes the last thing I see before bed and the first thing I wake up to. He is very cute and has seen all sides of me, and he only ever wants to play. When I feel like nothing could possibly smile, he just jumps in my lap and gives me nose boops. He makes me giggle and smile even on my dark days when I feel the most alone.

It sounds silly, but i have a hard time talking about my feelings to other people but i do talk to him sometimes even thought hes just a bunny and cant respond lol. Other than him, my boyfriend is always there for me and I know I can always go to him, I just have a hard time personally trying to talk to others about my depression.

User Profile: enthusiasticWalker249
enthusiasticWalker249 February 8th, 2019

The closest person I've ever been to in my life is my mother who died recently. Other then her I don't have anyone that close.

1 reply
User Profile: limegreenScarf7032
limegreenScarf7032 February 8th, 2019

@enthusiasticWalker249

My deepest condolences on the death of your mother. I had been very close to my mother too. At first the weight of grief was just crushing. That weight became lighter and easier to carry over time. Something aking to having a fully-loaded freight container dropped on my back which slowly dissolved down to a gynomous suitcase and finally just an extra package in my handbag. I think what helped me the most was writing about her. I wrote about fond memories. I also asked everyone that knew her to send me their fondest and funniest memories of her. After a year I curated what I had and printed it out. I don't look at it often anymore. But, it always feels so good when I do. I hope that the loving memories will help to make the weight of your grief more bearable.

load more
User Profile: cyclamen
cyclamen February 8th, 2019

I have never been close to anyone in my life. I'm even distant from myself. So, inevitably, the person I feel closest with at this very moment is myself.

1 reply
load more
User Profile: betterchoices
betterchoices February 8th, 2019

The person I feel closest to right now, oddly, is the person who's farthest away! A lot of my friends live far from me because we all move around for scholl and what have you but my friend Theo lives farthest. He's been really supporting me through a lot lately. I also am feeling quite close to my brothers lately. :)

User Profile: quickwittedGrapefruit2553
quickwittedGrapefruit2553 February 8th, 2019

My girlfriend that is 4,000 miles away. We talk daily, throughout the day, but no physical contact in about 3 months.

User Profile: ThePaula
ThePaula February 8th, 2019

Nobody... I just feel lonely, there's nobody I can really talk to, I just feel like a burden.

User Profile: navyShade2808
navyShade2808 February 8th, 2019

Im not close to nobody except my family because my friends dont talk to me and I dont talk to them.

User Profile: berryfields2409
berryfields2409 February 8th, 2019

my sister is the one I feel closest to right now

User Profile: BeanieBunny744
BeanieBunny744 February 8th, 2019

My significant other. We have known each other for almost 2 years, he has helped inspire me to be a better person in all areas of my life. Back in 2016, I had a bad breakup from a partner of 4.5 years, someone who I thought I was going to marry and have children with. My current man shows me what it really means to be loved and appreciated, I had no idea that my last boyfriend was not all that great to me (even though I treated him poorly, too - promised to treat my current man better).

User Profile: crackerprincess
crackerprincess February 8th, 2019

@Laura nobody, really. i feel like a lot of the people that reach out to me at school and online are just doing damage prevention, because they know i'm a suicide risk when i get really lonely