Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What's the best "Relationship Advice" someone has ever given to you?

User Profile: AveryLove
AveryLove April 5th, 2019

hey lovely people!

What's the best "Relationship Advice" someone has ever given to you?

Bildergebnis für flower gif tumblr

123
User Profile: Butterflee
Butterflee June 5th, 2019

I wasn't fortunate to get advice but I figured things out with my own mind, my own heart and common sense...

1 reply
User Profile: Supportivedreamer28
Supportivedreamer28 June 5th, 2019

@Butterflee me too.

load more
User Profile: Supportivedreamer28
Supportivedreamer28 June 5th, 2019


Breathing space is ultimate truth in relationships.

2 replies
User Profile: Butterflee
Butterflee June 5th, 2019

@Supportivedreamer28 your love is not your "posession", not your "property", they are free induviduals. You stay together through mutual attraction, love and companionship and many other things not by constraint...

1 reply
User Profile: Supportivedreamer28
Supportivedreamer28 June 5th, 2019

@Butterflee 200% agree with you.

load more
load more
User Profile: PhoenixAsh
PhoenixAsh June 5th, 2019

To communicate whatever you're feeling or thinking and work through it together

User Profile: berryfields2409
berryfields2409 June 5th, 2019

<in reference to an abusive/manipulative relationship> leaving is always an option; leave before you snap

User Profile: K87
K87 June 5th, 2019

@AveryLove

Don't worry if you fight, just make sure you fight fair. Worry when you stop fighting, because that means that there's nothing left to fight for. Without communication, there is no relationship. Without respect, there is no love. Without trust, there is no reason to continue. There are times that you have to choose to love each other, even when you may not like each other. Also, if you want your relationship to have a chance in the future, make an effort to be apart of each other's present. Most importantly, do not go to bed angry.

1 reply
User Profile: WhiteAlbatros
WhiteAlbatros June 6th, 2019

@K87 Beautifully said!!!

load more
User Profile: ronrackson
ronrackson June 5th, 2019

Ummm... So I was going through a bad phase last month and thought the only thing that can rescue me is Music. So, I am searching for some chill beats to close my eyes to and I stumble upon this song by a producer called Marshmello. I usually don't like watching video songs but I went along the video and then I saw something at the end that really had an impact on my life.

There was this note and it read "Before you can put time into others, you must first put time and value into yourself."

1 reply
User Profile: MishtheSecond
MishtheSecond June 6th, 2019

@ronrackson

what song?

load more
User Profile: Lolowise475
Lolowise475 June 5th, 2019

If they can't love themselves, how could they love you?

2 replies
User Profile: FaithfulPrune9638
FaithfulPrune9638 June 5th, 2019

@Lolowise475

Thank you! I have been told to "just be a mother to your kids," "taking care of yourself is selfish", I've even been told that if I needed help so bad, I should have done it before I had kids, and also I didn't need them or deserve them, just for attempting to end my life, then leaving me alone with knives around, especially the same knife I'd use. If my family knew the things I said on here, they would probably delete my account without my knowledge. 😵

User Profile: MishtheSecond
MishtheSecond June 6th, 2019

@Lolowise475

because when you have low self esteem, it's so much easier to love someone who makes you happy regardless of whether or not you like yourself. i love my girlfriend with all my heart, yet i hate myself. it isn't impossible.

load more
User Profile: TheCollisionCourse
TheCollisionCourse June 5th, 2019

@AveryLove

Don

User Profile: inavihs
inavihs June 5th, 2019

@AveryLove

There is nothing worse than unsolicited advice. How you would solve the sigificant other's problem may not be the way they would solve it, plus it would appear that you think you are smarter than he/she is. Idea of listening to his/her problems and occasionally asking clarifying questions is the best strategy.

Let him/her know you support whatever decisions he/she makes, that you trust he/she will figure things out, and you are always available to listen to him/her work out his choices. Express how sorry you are that he/she is stressed and tense and you "wish" you could be there to help. Try to resist telling him/her what to do because if it doesn't work out, it can be perceived as your fault, especially if the problem involves family.

If you are long distance, it's harder to help him/her because you can't see him/her in person to pick up on his/her body language and gestures and overall expressions. It may be frustrating to listen to him/her go over and over the same problem. If that is the case, ask him/her how you can help him/her move on

User Profile: Bluewoman19
Bluewoman19 June 5th, 2019

Use your head and heart. They should go hand in hand and secondly be with someone who loves you as a whole package not someone who loves you but rejects your dreams