Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Can you say "I love you" to someone who hasn't said it to you first?

User Profile: LovelyMintTea
LovelyMintTea March 23rd, 2017

Can you say "I love you" to someone who hasn't said it to you first? Regardless of answer, share your thoughts :)

10
User Profile: Laraland
Laraland March 23rd, 2017

If nobody could do it first, nobody would ever say it - so, yes, if it feels right, one can say it!

User Profile: needsunshine66
needsunshine66 March 23rd, 2017

I was going to basically say what Laraland said. Someone has to go first. Just don't use it until you're sure and hopefully the other person is on the same page. 😊

User Profile: caringLight
caringLight March 23rd, 2017

Yes,you can say it :)

March 23rd, 2017

@LovelyMintTea If you love someone and feel loved back, I'd say it. If you don't feel loved though, I wouldn't as some things are better left unsaid. Love is a powerful word, just like hate. Make sure you mean it before you say it.

User Profile: SirNobilis
SirNobilis March 24th, 2017

Should be fine..even better when its involuntary. Where you cant hold it back anymore. Pure feeling if you will :)

User Profile: calidescopeheart
calidescopeheart March 28th, 2017

@LovelyMintTea Of course! Someone is going to be the first to say it.. Why not have it be you? (If that's how you really feel, even if you don't get an I Love You back, you won't regret saying it) xo

User Profile: caringJoy68
caringJoy68 March 29th, 2017

@LovelyMintTea Someone has to be the first one to say it. the other person could have same thoughts too and never express their feelings. so its always best to express your feelings regarless the typical gender stereotype, because you never know what beautiful can your one effort get you <3

User Profile: LovelyMintTea
LovelyMintTea OP April 4th, 2017

Thank you all for the lovely feedback. I was curious abt what everyone had to say.

My experience was actually a funny story that touches on a few of the replies you guys made. I did in fact starting falling in love with the guy I'm with. And had been thinking abt saying the 3 little words but my ego stopped me. One day, fate would have it, I confessed in while drunk on the phone (classy I know lol). Needless to say we talked abt it after and my fear came true when he didn't say it back.

Months later I realized based on his years of pursuing me and his actions alone, I should know he loves me and shouldn't be so hurt he can't say it. So one day in the middle of an argument I accidentally blurted out that I know he loves me cause his actions proves it and that I don't care if he can't say it I already know it. I immediately retreated it and wished I didn't force him into it.

A few days later he called and while sorting through our initial issue he confessed in quite an emotional way that I was right. He's loved me and is in love with me but was scared to let me in. Bless my heart, I couldn't hold my smile back.

So yes he's shy abt saying it but I try to say it when I mean it in hopes he works up the courage to be more honest abt his feelings. Since then I'm happy to say he's said it a few times, all shy and cute. ☺️

Sorry for the long write up. I'd love to hear your stories guys. Any funny confessions of love? Awkward moments or places? Share away!

User Profile: bubblingHero97
bubblingHero97 April 4th, 2017

Of course you can say it first :) Maybe the other person wants to say it but is as nervous too

User Profile: colourfulBlueberry62
colourfulBlueberry62 July 28th, 2017

@LovelyMintTea

Someone has gotta make the first move right :D