Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I think some people I don't know too well are starting to piece together my past

Some casual acquaintances might be piecing together my past trama. I haven’t given them hints, but through luck, everything I say, whether to other people or anonymously on reddit, somehow gets back to them. It feels like they were meant to find out, but I don't want them to. I don't know what to do or how I even feel about this.

4

@understandingPapaya5295

I think I may just be overthinking it or been too obvious

User Profile: toughTiger6481
toughTiger6481 July 13th

@understandingPapaya5295

          I do not know if we share just enough and people try to piece it together... most likely is just assumptions or lucky guesses that you read too much into.  I thought someone found out a secret but was my imagination run wild that someone knew a secret. 

 If you post anonymously, how do you know they are not there too anonymously. 

User Profile: Mooniey
Mooniey July 13th

@understandingPapaya5295 The past is the past. I feel like you're a celeb, so they piece together your past. Was their piece true or something?

User Profile: Lyra101
Lyra101 July 17th

@understandingPapaya5295 I am sorry you are dealing with this; feeling like your privacy is being stripped away is incredibly stressful. It is completely valid to feel shaken or exposed. Remember that you do not owe anyone an explanation or confirmation, even if they think they have figured things out. You still hold the power to decide who gets to hear your story. If you are feeling overwhelmed, perhaps take a break from the apps where they might be finding your info. Do you have at least one safe person you can talk to about how this is affecting you?