I want boyfriend..... (the summary of my desperation)
Let me tell you something, I wasn't always this desperate. I was absolutely fine with being single, hell, I preferred it, until all of my friend magically got boyfriends and began to exclude me from stuff because of it. Now whenever I see something even slightly cute, I find myself longing for the same type of companionship that my friends have acheived. More specifically, with one of my friends.
About a year ago, my friends constantly badgered me about how one of my close guy friends liked me. It was so subtle and consistent that I believed it and somehow brainwashed myself into liking him too (which I believe is the outcome of my desperation but I am not sure). So I ended up liking him and getting all silly and dumb around him but definetly not telling him. I told a couple of my friends about it and I think that they are the only ones who know, but I am not sure because one of them is quite notorious for telling secrets.
Anyway, a couple weeks later, the dude that my friends told me that he likes me (makes sense?) told us that he liked someone else, and he seemed kind of blushy about it. My friends eagerly brushed the idea of him and me being together, which hurt, I'll admit, but I still didn't tell them. Lately, I have been thinking that the reason behind his blushing was because maybe it was because he was telling it to me and that made him nervous? I don't know. I still sometimes think that he likes me because I haven't seen him look at her any different then he looks at someone like a teacher and when he looks at me I just think that there is something in his eyes telling me something else different then that he wants to be friends only.
Also there was this one time that meant a lot to me, I don't know if he even remembers it. So, I am in band and I like to believe that I am pretty good at my instrument so I did this thing where I preformed a solo. I did this with my friends (including the guy that I like) and the guy that I casually despise. The morning of the actual event, I told my parents that I didn't want them to watch me perform because it was too stressful, only to find later that everyone had turned it into a popularity contest. I thought that my friends would watch me and that I would be fine but about a half hour before my performance we all went with the guy I despise to watch him get ready (everyone else in my friend group is friends with him so it is either go with them or be left out). I, then, realized that I, too, needed to get ready because my performance was quite soon so I left and began warming up. The guy that I like came with me. When I was called for the performance, I stalled and texted my friends, expecting them to come soon but they didn't. I ended up performing in front of only my crush and his sister and I didn't do too well because I was on the verge of crying. Ten minutes after I have finished performing, my friends come back all like "when do you perform?" and my voice cracked when I told them that I already had. He sent me this look and I went off to pretend to accept a call from my mother.
There is also the factor that he talks to a lot of girls that are prettier than me and I think that he could just as easily, or maybe more so, like the other girls instead. Though, I hate being in this mindset so forgive me for not writing an entire paragraph on this part.
Back to the subject of my desperate "need" for a boyfriend, I know that I don't need one and that someone worth while will come with time but.... I don't want to wait. Jeez, this makes me feel dumb and stuff but... I don't know.
I just want someone to be there for me when my friends aren't.
@opeopeope you just going to have to wait till its the right time to find a boyfriend there are plenty of ways to find one but sometimes you have to be really patient and just distract your self with other things till then good luck to you and god bless 
Since you are desperate there is no shame is having some T-shirts printed that say "Looking for a boyfriend. Apply within" or "Will you be my boyfriend?" or "I want a boyfriend NOW" and wear one whenever you leave the house. I would even go as far as having some buisness cards printed that include a link to your dating site profile and pass them out while you walk through the mall, church, grocery store, etc. The key in a desperate search is numbers and you need to start churning the waters to get as many hits as you can.
@opeopeope
Aw, so it's not like you desperately NEED one, but what you're experiencing is just PEER PRESSURE amirite? Hehehe.
Imagine if you girls are all single. Maybe this kinda thing isn't so big as an issue.
Well, you can confess to your crush and ask him to not tell a single soul, about how you actually like him and what he feels about dating you--with risk of rejection, of course. No pain, no gain. If he likes you, jackpot, you got a bf congratulations~ If he doesn't like you, but he's a decent guy, he won't tell anyone, don't worry. If he doesn't like you but tell everyone you confess to him, he's an a$$hole, so you're not missing anything either. Better knowing he's an a$$hole now instead of wasting weeks or months or even years in a toxic relationship full of drama.
But if you're asking for my honest opinion, then: don't. You better not do something just because everyone else has been doing it. You even know it yourself and you're right: it's stoopid.
Second alternative would be to find another group of friends--those who are better than your friends now. (I'm not sure I understood it well but it seems that your circle of friends isn't that nice.)
You might miss your old friends, but if your new friends can bring the best out of you and nurture your personal growth, why not? (About step-by-step of changing group of friends, well, that's another topic entirely, and I'd happily advice you if you want me to~)