Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anxiety from past issues with close family members (Dad/sister)

User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman September 30th, 2023

I'm going to talk about past issues that i have with close family members aka Dad/Sister. I will call my sister Luna if I need to reference her. And I'm going to mention a couple of towns and I'm using the code names I gave them in slientobsevers' thread. (Willow-hometown code name), day program's town (Achillies), and mall town (Pickwick). I might mention another town as well, which I will call Oliver. The city I will call Toto. Most of the stories will *only* involve my Dad, but some of them involve my sister as well. And I will try to go in chronological order from the first one in 2001 till the last incident in 2019. I might make each one a, new post on this thread so not to create a wall of text with a ton of stories on one post

115
User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman OP December 29th, 2023

Nov 2021 Luna accused of "tracking dog poop all over the computer room"  

Background:

Four things you need to know:  One my sister had a new dog at this time and she was just a puppy I believe.  2nd thing we have a celling fan/light but we don't use it because the last time we used it all the time and Dad had to replace it while having a cow.  Third thing at the time of the story I had an accident habit of having hot chocolate almost every day.  Last Thing Mom and i like to wear slippers indoors, might have been a result of Mom's upbringing in East Asia despite being Canadian 


Story:

Luna was down for some reason can't remember and she had both dogs with her -one I mentioned before and the new puppy.  Well I had gotten a hot chocolate an hour before the events of this story.  I had gotten up and was going to return my now (empty) mug downstairs and I was not even out of the area of my computer and I stepped into something when I checked it was doggy doo-doo.  So I took my right slipper off  and went downstairs to tell Luna about it.   I had to remove both my slippers and Mom washed one of them when I got a old pair of slippers to use in the mean time.

At some point when Luna was cleaning up the doggy doo-doo that she was on the phone and what she said to whoever was on the phone that "My baby sister tracked dog poop all over the computer room" but that is literally impossible because I made procurations NOT to do that once I discovered the dog poop in the computer room.   



User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman OP January 3rd, 2024

Beside the ones that I mentioned about Luna already the only big one (in my opnion) is one that happened in 2009


Background

My sister gotten Caesar when I was 14 years old we had her until she passed away when I was 28.  But Mom and I were away when she passed.  And also Caesar had the habit of leaping on the table when she was young to help herself to turkey, or for whatever food she could get.  Once she ended up on the table according to Mom. 


Story:

In Fall of 2009 I was really sick to the point I needed to drink Gatorade to replenish my carbohydrates to get better.  This happened when I'm was in the latter stages of the "getting better" zone and what happened is that Luna and Dad decided to get Harvey's for supper and we did- Luna finished first so that it only left Dad and I at the table.

I was kind of zoning in and out if you know what I mean and suddenly out of no where my sister yelled at me "YOU KNOW ONION RINGS ARE BAD FOR THE DOG"  I know that she doesn't have to tell me  but she should control her only *** dog.  And the onion rings were on my plate so far away from the dog. 




User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman OP January 3rd, 2024

I don't recall when my sister got Aero the then youngest dog-  but what I know is a couple of years after she got him- the two of us were in the computer room in the house because we had to share that room (I have another story to mention which involve the "crazy timer" from Dad's story).  At the time in the story,  I would put my hair towel after I was done with it on the door knob to what is normally a balcony (at the moment of writing its not anything but planks)  and also i don't know at the time how to clean poop up in the house.  I know how to clean up poop outside because of walking the 3 dogs 


Story:

It was a Sunday i believe and I put the hair towel away and somewhere nearby there was dog poop. So I told sis so she could clean it up and she did but she had a complete fit about it saying "I should be able to clean it up"  but its not my dog so why should I clean it up unless I'm doing something like WALKING THEM? 

User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman OP January 3rd, 2024

Luna leaving the curtians home in her bedroom when I'm asleep

Background:

Aero and Smokey when the latter were still alive and were much younger that the dogs were like best friends and would like to stay out of Luna's bedroom window when Luna "Mom" was away.  If people are sleeping and sis had to go anywhere she tries to (or she claims) to keep the curtains closed to prevent the dogs barking.   And if you guys might remember I went to a day program  but by 2019 I kind of got really bored with the entire thing because it was just a lot of repeating sometimes so that occasionally I would stay home in 2019 to look after the full-time dog in the house (Caesar).  Or I would stay home if it suppose to be frostbite weather or I was sick. 


Story

I'm not 100% sure about this story but I think it happened in 2014 but might happened in 2016 can't remember the actual date.   Well anyway I was trying to sleep at home on I believe it was Monday but sis apparently opened the curtains before she went someplace that morning and when I tried to talk to her that night or something  she claimed she "hadn't opened up the curtains at all"  but she would have to open the curtains because the dogs can't open the curtains and they only bark at stuff if the curtains are opened.  

1 reply
User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman OP November 19th, 2024

*stare at not say

load more
User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman OP January 3rd, 2024

Luna telling fibs another time (the other time is about the "cheese wraps being the only thing in the house to eat") 

Background:

Even when Luna was living with us she sometimes didn't eat *at* the family room  table so she would take the supper upstairs for herself.  so that her spot can get a bit busy  with books and stuff on the table.   So sometimes I would ask her if she would be at the table or not and that's where this story happens 


Story

I don't recall when it happened  but  I think it was when I was going to set the table  I asked my sister if she would be "joining us for supper" and she told me no.  But when supper was served she told Mom "Well it would be nice to have been able to be at the table" but she still gook her food upstairs I only have what she said from Mom but what she told ME wasn't what she told Mom.  

User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman OP January 3rd, 2024

Luna has no understanding of the "Crazy timer"

Background

I don't remember when this took place but I guess 2015, maybe 2016.  My sister has 0 experience with the crazy timer so she doesn't know it beeps when at the 10 and 5 mark as well as 0:00 mark.  Because I was just as "chunky" then as I was in 2015 my parents wanted me to try to do excerise of some kind and to use the timer to take breaks.


Story

My parents insisted on me using the "crazy timer" but I didn't really want too to my PTSD with it from Dad and showering.  But my sister claimed to Mom latter that it  kept "going off all the time"  and I didn't get up and walk around or anything but at the time "it kept going off" it was at the 15, 10, 05 marks not at 0:00  mark.   I literally had to explain that to Mom 



User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman OP January 3rd, 2024

Christmas of 2011 Luna calls me "blind as a bat"

Bacground:

Up until 2007 when Dad's Mom died,  (his father died back in 1999)- that we would go back and forth for Christmas at Dad's Mom's place or Mom's parents' place and it was my job to remember.  After that until 2012 except for Christmas of 2007 we spent Christmas at Mom's parents place.  And also I didn't name them this at the time, but any winter boots I wear I call them all Frakenboots in honour (and also feels like ) of the boots that Boris Karloff wore to play the legendary Frankenstein monster.  Also I had only been wearing glasses since early 2007 so I still was pretty new to glasses until Mom, Dad and Luna  

Story

It was a very cold rainy and icy  day on I guess either Christmas Eve or a couple of days before Christmas. Dad and I took a short walk and returned sooner then expected.  Just as we're about to open the inner door my sister opened the door claiming "my boot had kicked the door there were 2 inches between my boot and the *** door.  And once I got inside the building because my glasses were fogged up I couldn't SEE anything   so I might have accidently stepped on one of 2 or was it three dogs?- that were around Luna and she called me "BLIND AS  BAT"  but she should know better then that because she wear glasses too! 


User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman OP January 3rd, 2024

the same week as the "other fib" my sister said "Get out of the way ***"


Background:

The only thing you need to know is  that I keep my watch and my hearing aid in the dinning room. (I now also keep my medical ID bracelet as well in there)  so when I get home and need to take them off I go into the dinning room to do so 

Story:

I was coming home late as always from bowling and I wanted to get myself a snack. I don't remember what Luna was doing at the time but she was in the kitchen hogging the entire kitchen space after talking to the parents about my bowling scores for that week  I think I asked Luna "how long she would be" and she claimed "5 mins *** " and I then go into  the dinning room and I take my stuff off/out and put them away and just as I was going to leave or was it in the middle of doing the putting away my sister came into the dinning room and said "If I wanted the kitchen I needed to get out of the way"



User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman OP January 9th, 2024

2014- Adventure at Toto's Mall because of parking in the wrong parking garage 

Background:

I'm not allowed to speak in my sister's car and that is what caused this problem.  The other thing is my sister the first time she was at post-secondary school she did theatre program for the back-of-house kind of stuff like lights.  Down the street from the the Egan Centre (not the actual name)  there is an underground parking garage (I thought it belonged to a hotel but I'm wrong)


Story

My Mom, Luna  and I were going into Toto to see The Lion King musical - Mom had forgotten that Luna  had already seen the TLK before.  But since Luna was driving the plan was we're suppose to park in the parking garage of Egan Centre -but when we got to the street instead of going down to the Egan centre  that sis drove down into parking garage and as we're driving in I *tried* to speak up saying that we were going into the wrong parking garage but Mom told me to "be quiet at the moment" 

So after the play we went around and around and around and around the Egan centre trying to find Luna's car in Egan centre. Going all over the place in and down *** Tire store,  in and out of elevators in the main mall.  Sometimes I had tried to speak out but either Mom or Luna wouldn't let me speak because I assume they thought  I was going to have a meltdown- but in this case I was only going to tell them that the car was in the other Parking garage.


I think after what seemed to be 3 hours if not more when I was very grumpy and tired (and after "we" aka they) couldn't find the car anywhere- they finally let me speak and I told them it was in the other  parking garage.

I don't remember what time we got home - but we could have been home a lot sooner had Mom and Luna had let me speak earlier instead of going around and around in circles in the Egan Centre 

User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman OP February 9th, 2024

This is going to be two things but its both related to the newspaper  let's call it "Toto Planet"

Background:

Up until a couple of years pre-Covid,  the newspaper would be in like 4-5 sections outside of Saturdays when there will be about 8 sections.   Now most days except for Thursday and Friday and Saturday its down to 2 sections main section+Business section.     I always like to read the main section first at breakfast/lunch (depending on the week).  But on Thursdays mornings I never get to finish reading the newspaper because Dad's always rushing us out the door once I finish eatting breakfast

Story 1:

Once a month,  or maybe once every other month- I will come down either to have lunch or for some other reason and I found either all sections or one section -the section I want missing from the table so if its lunch time- i have to go hunt the paper down and the hunt always led to the *bacon* family room and Dad is either not done reading the section or he's has finished reading the section but he isn't a *** who can't be bothered to return the newspaper section(s) back to the *** dinning table so the REST of us can read the newspaper- and this week alone I had to do it TWICE once on Tuesday and twice on Thursday.

Story 2:

For me its really annoying when Mom, Dad and I are in the dinning room together eating our lunches and reading various sections of the newspaper and  my parents start reading articles out loud to each other which is so badly distracts so badly that I have to read the same sentence or paragraph I'm reading about 10 times before I can move on to the next sentence/paragraph. 

Sometimes it gets to the blasted pointed to where i just want to loose my temper and tell them to shut the *bacon* up and read silently!   

(Also I think I'm kind of jealous because when I read an article to mom from the newspaper she will tell me that "she will read it later" but yet she NEVER does that when Dad reads an article to her.)