Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anxiety from past issues with close family members (Dad/sister)

User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman September 30th, 2023

I'm going to talk about past issues that i have with close family members aka Dad/Sister. I will call my sister Luna if I need to reference her. And I'm going to mention a couple of towns and I'm using the code names I gave them in slientobsevers' thread. (Willow-hometown code name), day program's town (Achillies), and mall town (Pickwick). I might mention another town as well, which I will call Oliver. The city I will call Toto. Most of the stories will *only* involve my Dad, but some of them involve my sister as well. And I will try to go in chronological order from the first one in 2001 till the last incident in 2019. I might make each one a, new post on this thread so not to create a wall of text with a ton of stories on one post

115
User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman OP February 10th, 2024

If you been following along on this thread-you might have notice that Dad has a goddam fits about calories.   The last one is when Dad was yelling about me "getting more fat!" or something like that.

I'm going to mention in this post and the next post before I get into the main one that's important


Background:

In late 2018- I ended up finding a YouTube channel  online and the guy does books vs movie reviews (so far he hasn't posted anything in like four years) and one of his early things were doing like parodys of ads- like Folger's coffee, Tootise Rolls, some kind of yogurt,  some kind of cereal, some kind of candy (There's no wrong way to eat...") and some kind of ice cream bar Klondike

Around this same time- Dad started buying Ice Cream bars (he doesn't anymore) from I guess Costco, sometimes it would be Klondike and sometimes it would be another ice cream bar.


Story:

At the time every single Friday -he would ask if I wanted to have an Ice Cream bar for my snack.  At the time in my opinion- a Ice Cream bar isn't very much of a snack so Mom said I could have both that, and a small "sundae" or as we called it a "Fri-dae",   About a month, maybe two months later-Dad confronted me and told me - I had to choose between the ice cream bar or the ice cream and I thought it was very unfair that I had to choose between the two because an ice cream bar is way too small for it to be my entire snack even with pop- I need it to be pudding, or at least 10 pieces of chocolate candy or a "Fri-dae"  with the trimmings-chocolate sauce, chocolate chips (or at times choclate candy from big chcolate bars) and some sprinkles


User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman OP February 11th, 2024

Background: In 2020 because we couldn't go out because of Covid lock down. So a way Mom and I found for me to get something like coffee (at the time, I had only being going to Friday's Tim Horton's socials for less then a year had started in Sept) that we asked Dad for his microwave recipe and we changed it to suit us. In the summer we changed the coffee to iced coffee by finding a recipe online for Tim's stuff. I then looked up how to make iced hot chocolate and we did that-but the following winter we couldn't find where Mom's Hot chocolate mixes went too, so we did flavouring instead of Mom's flavours in the cupboard. Sometime in 2021 or 2022 we somehow ended up with too much milk so I ended up with a then habit of having hot chocolate every daybackground:In 2020 because we couldn't go out because of Covid lock down. So a way Mom and I found for me to get something like coffee (at the time, I had only being going to Friday's Tim Horton's socials for less then a year had started in Sept) that we asked Dad for his microwave recipe and we changed it to suit us. In the summer we changed the coffee to iced coffee by finding a recipe online for Tim's stuff. I then looked up how to make iced hot chocolate and we did that-but the following winter we couldn't find where Mom's Hot chocolate mixes went too, so we did flavouring instead of Mom's flavours in the cupboard. Sometime in 2021 or 2022 we somehow ended up with too much milk so I ended up with a then habit of having hot chocolate almost every day even when I no longer needed do that. Dad and I got two boxes of (hot chocolate mixes)-one from I think No Frills, and a 40 box of stuff from Costco (I haven't seen them at Achilles'  Costco since then)

Story 1-2022?

My Mom was away for some reason and I wanted help with using a Hot choclate mix pack. One of those After Eight chocolates I believe was in the pack.  Dad told me to read the sugar amount and he went completely off the handle (and he wonders where *I* get it from) and said "that's more sugar then I give you in our Thursday morning coffee".   


Story 2-2021/2022

Another time I was making some kind of drink,-I can't remember what I was making-maybe tea in the mircowave and I was dealing with during the time for the mircowave and Dad went in and out of the kitchen in the 5-8 seconds I was there and he was eying me supsciously like the assumed I was making hot chocolate. 



User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman OP February 11th, 2024

Now for the big story about calories -even though it's not stated in the story at all

Background 2022:

My Mom and I had been in Toto to see a producer-actor's very last pantomime play he would ever produced (the theatre has no pantomime plays plays anymore in Dec and that was his thing) and we had been at the Royal Museum to see an exhibit there.    For supper we went to Swiss Chalet, a Canadian restaurant and we hadn't been there since I was maybe in late high school with Mom's Dad.  The restaurant didn't have Nestle ice tea (only Pure Leaf ice tea and I found that to be "unsweetened" ice tea)  and I didn't know it had Brisk until much later so I ordered Pepsi instead.  So at the time of the following story-I decided to get myself a bottle of Ice tea from the store on my way home from work


Story:

I got home after work and after stopping to get at the store some Sweet Ice tea (Nestle) and I was having some difficulties getting it open so I went and tried to ask Dad for help with opening the bottle- instead of opening the dam bottle,  he spend about 10-20 seconds just starting at the *bacon* nutrition  label on the back of the *Bacon* bottle*- I don't give a  hoot about the calories-  I just wanted him to open up the dam bottle- and when I complained about him not opening the bottle- he just throw the bottle to Mom's spot on the *bacon* couch and told ME to "act like an adult!"  I was the one who wasn't acting like a *bacon* adult?!!  Dad was by throwing the dam thing across the couch.   


*living with him for almost  34 years,  I know when he's reading the back of something he's reading the *bacon* calories label on the nutrition label. 

3 replies
User Profile: calmMango9611
calmMango9611 May 3rd, 2024

@Disneywoman Your an amazing story teller, my friend. You're a gifted writer as well. Thanks for writing this and sharing more about your family life.amazing-awesome.gif

2 replies
User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman OP May 3rd, 2024

@calmMango9611 You should see the SimLit I wrote, that's really good writing! But thanks you

1 reply
User Profile: calmMango9611
calmMango9611 May 3rd, 2024

@Disneywoman Your very welcomed.

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman OP June 3rd, 2024

Dad and Luna lost only cell phone in the house

So as the title says Luna and Dad made Mom and I loose the only working cell phone in the house which people (Mom/I/Dad) take to go places like the mall or to help my friend Grace.  On Thursday they're cleaning up the front hall before going outside to deal with the boat.  So because of them "Cleaning up" the front hall Mom thinks the phone which Mom last had with her and I on Wednesday and it "fall out of the backpack" because the two of them don't think about moving stuff carefully.  Because its not in my backpack and its not in hers, and we're the last person to have it with us despite us not using it.  The only other person to have it is Dad and he kind of needs it tomorrow  because "Mr. Knight's" house phone don't work.   So he screwed himself over by not being careful about open bookbags.  And not the first time he hasn't been carefully about an "open bookbag".