Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Fed up with fruit salad three times this week and no fruit but banana one day this week

User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman May 29th

So three times this week I will have fruit for supper-two days have already happened and the next one is tomorrow (Saturday).  Sunday Mom and I were at a concert,  Tuesday Mom was at a memorial service and tomorrow she will be helping with yet another memorial service.    So that means three days this week i will have fruit for supper.    

On Wednesday the only fruit I had was an entire banana  because Mom couldn't be bothered to make fruit the night before.   Yet she could be bothered yesterday morning to make fruit for us, because we had to be going to a memorial service for my grandparents.


i have trouble making even "simple fruit" -grapes, apples and banana,  and I like being able to have whole fruits.   So I'm not exactly happy Mom's helping tomorrow with another memorial service after she just been at two this week already and I know she will want to have that for supper as a fruit salad. 

6
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 May 29th

@Disneywoman

Your mother is doing a good thing, it's important , you should be proud and I know being out of routine for you is hard but its important to give your mother some  grace 💙

i-love-you-love-you.gif

5 replies
User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman OP May 30th

@Amanda84 It's just when I want my fruit at the normal time?  The only two times I got fruit at the "normal" time  was Monday and today.  I had no fruit but a banana on Wednesday,   Fruit for breakfast yesterday as well as bit more fruit at the reception.    And on Sundays through the school year if it's after Nov and after April/May - I'm not getting the fruit on a good day until about 2pm.  And sometimes it's "simple" fruit.

4 replies
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 May 30th

@Disneywoman

And is this not a task you could perform for yourself? 💙

3 replies
User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman OP May 30th

@Amanda84  Not the kind of fruit mom makes. It was too much for me the   almost 3 year I did it from Jan 2018-March 2020.  And now Mom makes it even more complicated then it already was by making fruit for Dad as well.   At least when I had to do it in Jan 2018-March 2020  It was only for me and Mom no one else.   As well as the 2 days I had to do it last year when Mom had to go to furneal between late Jan and early Feb. 


7-8 grapes between 3 people,  1/3 of  melon-now it's Watermelon, but it can be cantouple or honeydew depending on the season between 3 people,  1/3 pineapple between 3 people  and then 1/3 of half of an Asian pear between 3 people and I need someone else to peel it- last time i tried peeling Asian pears I kept nicking my knuckles badly.   Then 1/2 of apple for Mom and I and 1/2  banana.  The only thing I wouldn't know how to do is peeling and cutting an orange.   Because that's new having oranges with our fruit

2 replies
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 May 30th

@Disneywoman

I understand, but it's important to try and adapt and be flexible in your routine and respectful of what your mother does for you 💙

1 reply
User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman OP May 30th

@Amanda84 not when I'm on ASD spectrum it's hard to be flexible    But I'm going to make myself "simple fruit"  and eat some applesauce tomorrow. we have some I can eat.    I would like to be able to eat some watermelon, but that's something I can't cut on my own (or else I will cut it too big)  and whenever I ask Dad to help with fruit or anything else -he and I will have a fight about something.   

Heck Dad and I had fight last year when mom was at her Mom's only other sister's funeral in (town) over fruit because I didn't want to wait around forever for him to get his behind inside from his work especially when he needed to wash his hands, before he could help. 

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more