Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Idk

User Profile: Tatymc08
Tatymc08 September 21st

How do I know we’re meant to be? Me and my bf were long distance went through countless of stuff till like 1 year and a half of being together and we were good then February he was sick and didn’t wanna move so I broke up with him around my birtdhay so he didn’t get a present then we didn’t see each other for a while now he finally moved and it’s arguments about the most stupid stuff . And every argument I think about the past and the bad things even though he’s better but it feels idk since we argue over stupid stuff and can’t just be happy . 2 years and a half together ..

1
User Profile: Clio9876
Clio9876 September 25th

@Tatymc08

Oh, I relate to this question "how do I know if we are meant to be?"!

I suspect that you know as well as me, that there is no way to know. But wouldn't it be great if there was.

Long distance relationships have several challenges, one of which being they don't have to deal with the mundane reality of living with someone. Because most of living with someone is the boring tedious stuff of day to day communication. While a distant relationship can ignore most of that stuff.

Several things helped me. Learning to listen as taught on the active listening course here. Reading Crucial Conversations. And deciding to do things because I wanted them done.

I hope you find the answers to your conundrum.