Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My husband was cheating on me with a 22-year-old girl

User Profile: philosophicalWest5559
philosophicalWest5559 November 8th, 2025

I'm at my wits' end. I think I have depression too.We have been married for 14 years. His betrayal hurts a lot. The worst thing is that the girl moved close to us.He sees me as suffering but he doesn't leave the house. He refuses to leave.We have two daughters together.

59
User Profile: funnyPenguin23
funnyPenguin23 November 13th, 2025

How are you coping now? Could you give us an in depth of all the emotions you are feeling during this time?

1 reply
User Profile: philosophicalWest5559
philosophicalWest5559 OP November 13th, 2025

I am in a constant search. My brain "works" in one, to find solutions, to get out of this situation. I feel helplessness, I feel hatred, then fear for the suffering of the children and many others. Effectively I am in total chaos.

load more
User Profile: TheHelpfulNinja
TheHelpfulNinja November 13th, 2025

It's really lovely to see so much compassion and understanding being shared here. 

Thank you, @philosophicalWest5559, for continuing to share and revisit this space whenever you've felt comfortable. It takes a lot of courage to keep opening up, especially as the thread has grown with others sharing their thoughts and support. By being so open, you could be encouraging others to reflect on and relate to their own struggles

It's okay to not have all the answers to every solution. It can be possible to work on things one step at a time 💛

User Profile: trueconfidant123
trueconfidant123 November 13th, 2025

@philosophicalWest5559

I'm so sorry. Cheating is never justified. You don't deserve this. Your daughters don't deserve this. May you find the strength to transcend through this and figure out the way forward for better. Take care of yourself. 

User Profile: playfulKitty766
playfulKitty766 November 13th, 2025

@philosophicalWest5559 sounds like you’re feeling hurt and betrayed by this situation.”

“I hear you; this must be really painful and confusing for you.

”

2 replies
User Profile: philosophicalWest5559
philosophicalWest5559 OP November 13th, 2025

It's not even about pain anymore. I'm slowly dying inside

1 reply
User Profile: playfulKitty766
playfulKitty766 November 13th, 2025

@philosophicalWest5559 I am here to seeing how a person die or listen without any judgement 

load more
load more
User Profile: philosophicalWest5559
philosophicalWest5559 OP November 13th, 2025

I can't get out of this nightmare!!! Tonight I forbade him from coming home. The little one saw that he wasn't coming at the time she knew he would and called him. She called him a few times and he didn't answer. The little one started shaking and had a panic attack that scared me terribly. I can't get out of this nightmare!!! I had to call him to tell him to come because I couldn't handle her suffering. He kept saying: "Mom, don't worry, I'll bring him home". I couldn't tell him that I didn't want to.

User Profile: philosophicalWest5559
philosophicalWest5559 OP November 13th, 2025

Now I'm sitting in the living room, lying on the floor and I keep telling myself that I'm not going to escape this nightmare. I can't see my child suffering. What do I do? I can't escape from here.... It's 12 at night, I feel like going out into the streets... I want to scream.... I can't escape from here...

1 reply
User Profile: mustangnite
mustangnite November 16th, 2025

@philosophicalWest5559 Good Evening I understand your struggle please know that you are respected, you are heard and most importantly you are valued. just a call away


load more
User Profile: sociableMap8188
sociableMap8188 November 15th, 2025

You say you dont want your girls to suffer by being separated.. thay are already suffering in a different way - they see their mother being disrespected, hurt, depressed and when they gonna grow up, they will think thats what it should be, they will let their partners treat them the same way.

I grow up in this kind if house hold, dad always cheating, mom depressed. Boy do I wish they got divorced. We all would have been much happier.

I am really sorry this happened to you, I can't imagine the pain and hurt youre feeling. But this right here is about you, about your self respect, your life, your happiness.

Happy mother = happy children.

Wish you all the best of luck and lots of strength x

User Profile: sociableMap8188
sociableMap8188 November 15th, 2025

You say you dont want your girls to suffer by being separated.. thay are already suffering in a different way - they see their mother being disrespected, hurt, depressed and when they gonna grow up, they will think thats what it should be, they will let their partners treat them the same way.

I grow up in this kind if house hold, dad always cheating, mom depressed. Boy do I wish they got divorced. We all would have been much happier.

I am really sorry this happened to you, I can't imagine the pain and hurt youre feeling. But this right here is about you, about your self respect, your life, your happiness.

Happy mother = happy children.

Wish you all the best of luck and lots of strength x

User Profile: Laura5555
Laura5555 November 15th, 2025

User Profile: philosophicalWest5559
philosophicalWest5559 OP November 17th, 2025

Good evening! I came in to tell you that unfortunately I'm not well. I'm still looking for solutions to get out of this nightmare. I think that at some point I'll find a solution to break up with him, but right now, unfortunately I can't find any.