When Love Starts Hurting More Than Healing
Somewhere along the way, I became someone who begs for things that should come naturally.
A conversation.
An explanation.
A little reassurance.
A little kindness.
I keep telling myself to be patient, to be understanding, to give more, to love better.
But lately, all I feel is exhausted.
I'm tired of crying in silence.
Tired of questioning my own feelings.
Tired of wondering if I'm asking for too much when all I want is to feel safe, valued, and heard.
The truth is, I've survived so much already.
A father who left.
A marriage that broke me.
Goodbyes I never wanted.
And somehow, the thing that hurts most is feeling alone while someone is still there.
I miss the girl I used to be.
The one who wasn't afraid of losing people.
The one who knew that choosing herself wasn't selfish.
I'm still here.
Still trying.
Still loving.
But for the first time in a long time, I'm wondering if I need to stop fighting for everyone else and start fighting for myself.
@sympatheticLychee9755
yes ... no one is going to be a better advocate for you then yourself.
When ppl show you who they are believe them........... Not about of loving harder or bending over backwards will get them to treat you in the way you want or deserve.
You are also right being alone with someone in same room is worse than being alone. take care of you...quit things that do not fill you.
You gave and gave simple shut that door you save whatever you have left for yourself.
Thank you so much for saying this. I really needed to hear it today. I’ve been giving so much of myself to people and constantly questioning whether I’m the problem, and I think I’ve forgotten how to choose myself.
I’m exhausted from trying so hard to be understood and loved the way I need. Your words reminded me that I’m allowed to step back, protect my peace, and stop bending myself just to keep someone in my life.
I don’t know what I’m going to do yet, but I know I need to start taking care of myself too. Thank you for taking the time to listen and say what I needed to hear. ❤️
Thank you so much for saying this. I really needed to hear it today. I’ve been giving so much of myself to people and constantly questioning whether I’m the problem, and I think I’ve forgotten how to choose myself.
I’m exhausted from trying so hard to be understood and loved the way I need. Your words reminded me that I’m allowed to step back, protect my peace, and stop bending myself just to keep someone in my life.
I don’t know what I’m going to do yet, but I know I need to start taking care of myself too. Thank you for taking the time to listen and say what I needed to hear. ❤️