You’re not some divine fairy that I should treat you like royalty.”
If your spouse tells you ““You’re no celestial beauty that I should put you on a pedestal.” when being angry, no matter how much you have triggered him and made him mad. What should be your reaction.
(You know that he loves you alot, he has proved over time, he praises you like ***. But when he’s angry he said this)
@pinkCity752
I found through the hard way when people are angry or upset ... even if they love you they may say something that comes to them they feel will have an impact and have your ruminating about.
In my experience it results in 2 moves walk away to let things settle and they learn saying things like this shuts down argument or it can escalate telling the other they are no prize either. neither work well. i found confronting the statement and asking for further clarification or reason and then you can both learn to watch your words and know a statement thrown out in anger lingers.
@pinkCity752
In the moment it hurts you.
That's valid.
When we are heated we throw away remarks that we don't even mean.
I'm sure he didn't think too much when he said it.
I probably would have said something like thankfully I ain't royalty cause you ain't no King 😁 but that's just me.
Please know it doesn't invalidate honestly how he feels about you 💜💕