Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Boyfriend wants to have a threesome but I dont

User Profile: Alyx2510
Alyx2510 September 21st, 2021

Let my just start off by saying that me and my boyfriend have been in a very happy and healthy relationship for 3 years now. He has a very high sex drive, but I was raised in a country where sex is a taboo subject so it isn’t really important to me although I still enjoy doing it with him every time.


Today out of the blue, he said that he doesn’t want to spend the rest of his youth without trying new things. I got confused for a bit till he admitted that he wanted to have a threesome with me and another girl. I’m glad he was honest with me, but I would never be able to bring myself to do that. Yes I’m very insecure and the thought of him doing it with another girl and possibly enjoying it more is terrifying.


I’ve been cheated on multiple times in the past so I’m very sensitive to this kind of topic. I told him I would never have a threesome, and he said he respects my decision and won’t do anything without my consent but is a bit disappointed. But is he really okay with it though? Isn’t this the kind of stuff that leads to cheating later on? I’ve read stories of people cheating on their partners because of this same issue and it scares me to think of that happening to me.


Things have been kind of awkward between us ever since that conversation and I don’t know what to think or say. I feel miserable. Im terrified that he might get bored of our sex life some time in the future and leave me. What should I do? Am I overreacting?


1
User Profile: Optimisticempath
Optimisticempath September 21st, 2021

@Alyx2510

It sounds like a difficult situation. I just want to say that being expressive about your feelings and communicating what you want or don't want is essential in all relationships along with being honest and trusting each other .

It is good to know that you both had a conversation already, the awkwardness is understandable but I hope it fades away soon.

You are not over reacting, you have every right to do what you want and refrain from anything that makes you feel uncomfortable. For your partner, more than sex drive , your feelings and comfort should matter .

I do hope this time isn't as previous ones you experienced nor like the stories you've read . You deserve to feel loved and safe in your relationship , this also includes feeling safe to say "No" to things you're not okay with . The right one would understand and respect your decision and comfort .

Good luck to you .❤