Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Dad rude for changing plans about how I get home late in the morning?

User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman January 26th, 2024

Yesterday I was in a bit of a bad mood because of one thing then because another thing. 

     Background:

     Due to the unusual weather we been having it was different for the last three weeks for me to go to work on Wednesday (cold, cold, Icy) so because of that it means I have to go to work (Volunter job at my church) on Thursdays -so Dad would drop me off at the church on the way back after grocery shopping  but unless I need to go someplace like Taco Bell  or its icy out he will NOT pick me up.   So it means I have to walk home and I HATE wearing my winter boots, to the point i call them "Frakenboots"  (in honour of the boots, the actor  Boris Karloff had to wear for the role of Frankenstein's monster).    If there's no snow on the ground to help me move my boots along its like trying to walk on Venus or something and between chasing Dad around 5 stores+ walking home it's like the equivalent of doing 5 Cubiis (exercise machine) in the Frakenstien boots  means I don't do any exercise on Thursdays. 


Story:

Because Wednesday was going to be icy this week -I was going to be going to work for the 3rd week in a row on Thursday instead after Dad and I did the shopping.   On Wednesday night the plan was  (because we still assumed it would be icy on Thursday) that Dad would both dropped me and picked me up from the church after I was done.     Now because Thursday ended up being mild instead, Dad told me on the way back to Willow that I could "just walk home" from the church because there was no ice on the side walk- but there were plenty of slush messes through.     And because he had told me so late in the morning  about "waking home from church" because it's mild   I didn't have a scarf with me so I was super cold even with my two coats zipped up to my neck on my walk home and at points in the walk,  I would have preferred to have skipped the walk entirely and just been able to ride  home- especially when you consider the fact that 1)he had to use my No Frill's Token I found during the summer for a shopping cart 2) He had to use one of my coins for another  shopping cart  and 3)I had to lend him money to pay for the only grocery item we got at Asian store.   Granted for Number 2 and 3 -I only had to do that because Dad forgot his Cash wallet at home.    


But still its kind of rude of Dad to change the plan so late in the morning? 

2
User Profile: KatePersephone
KatePersephone January 27th, 2024

@Disneywoman thank you for sharing it with us.

it seems your father really did make a very last minute change in the plans on how you'd get home, which is quite frustrating to have to go through, especially when you hadn't planned to dress up specifically in a way so your neck wouldn't be cold. :(

1 reply
User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman OP January 27th, 2024

@KateDoskocilova  My neck being cold is only part of the problem ..  I just hate wearing winter boots because they make the already heavy graviry on this planet  100x heavier unless there's snow on the ground to help "move" my boots. 

load more