Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Girls friend tells girl im seeing that we cant see eachother anymore

User Profile: impartialVase2160
impartialVase2160 October 18th, 2022

I'm seeing this girl for a while now, we've been having great time and we're super into each other. Everything pointed towards us continuing and enjoying each other, she told her family about me and it was looking promising. However, she didn't tell her best friend we were seeing each other and apparently her best friend was into me. I didn't know that, I've never spoken to her best friend in my life since we do quite a bit of long distance. All the while her best friend has been going on dates and whatnot, living her own life.


She calls me up one day, an hour after we made plans to see each other that night, and says "hey I just told so-and-so we've been seeing each other. She's pissed and won't talk to me. We can't continue, good luck with everything." That's it.


I'm just kind of lost. All the things she said she wanted to do and was excited for? She was going to come visit me next month too. I live out of town so I even extended my flight so I could see her more. We're all 25 years old, I've never talked to her best friend, and now my amazing relationship with this girl is ruined because of something silly like this.


I asked her if we could talk in person so that she could at least hear how I feel about the situation. I'm frustrated, confused, any advice?

2
User Profile: toughTiger6481
toughTiger6481 October 20th, 2022

@impartialVase2160

as i read your post i was thinking much younger then 25

It tells you something girl chose to talk with her friend over continuing with you.

Maybe you dodged a bullet as she is not ready to make her own decisions about HER life.

As for the so called "friend" ........pretty crappy thing to do wanting her to stop talking with you because friend is crushing on you .......... does she think you will turn to her .......then you can all be friends sounds like 15 not 25.

User Profile: CatzInTheCradle
CatzInTheCradle October 20th, 2022

@impartialVase2160

She told her family, but not her best friend. Then when she does tell the friend, the friend is supposedly upset because [allegedly] the friend is into you. So that possibly suggests your girlfriend knew the friend was into you and hence why she kept the relationship with you a secret from her. Maybe the friend then feels betrayed by all of this, because best friends are supposed to tell each other these important things, and there’s usually an unspoken rule about not dating the person your friend has an interest in. They probably argue about it and out of guilt your girlfriend chooses to keep her friendship instead of continuing your relationship.

Maybe.

But it all does seem unnaturally sudden. Definitely have a face-to-face conversation with her to find out what happened, because at the very least you deserve a proper explanation and a reasonable chance to express your feelings.

CatsInTheCradle