Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Help :( Can't figure out what to do about this guy I like who's also my best friend

User Profile: amusingKitten2864
amusingKitten2864 August 19th, 2021

I like my best friend for over 4 years now. But couldn't do anything about it cz he was dating someone else. But i always knew he kinda liked me too.

But he didn't do anything about it. He continued with his relationship anyway cz he felt guilty to break up + didn't want to lose me in cssee we date and it doesn't work out.


This year I finally decided to take a step towards moving on. I joined an online dating app. When i started getting close to another guy & kinda of started liking him my best friend told me likes me but he never acted on it cz of the reasons mentioned above. And that he'll break up & date me.


He broke up but he feels extremely guilty about whatever he did. And after break up he asked me if we can take it slow and to give him sometime to figure & accept all these things. But i kinda of continually asked him whether he wants to date me, does he still like me. Which annoyed him cz he was already stressed after breaking up and about moving to New city for his job, leaving behind me, his family, friends etc.. Now he says he still needs more time to think whether we should date or no.. cz of long distance, our fights, plus the possibility of losing me forever.. he said he rn with current circumstances he doesn't feel it's the right time to get into a relationship and we can take some days to think and see how things go.. I have told him I can't wait for too long.. he said he understands and if it's becoming difficult for me I can give up.. but he genuinely cares for me.... Do you guys think this is toxic? I have clearly told him I'll give sometime but when it reaches a stage that I can't deal with waiting bit anymore I'll give up and move away.. he said he understands and I should do what's best for me.. I might have missed the points but he's the one who has always been there for me in the past.. he has always taken care of me when I'm sad... Do you guys have any advice? Do you guys think he's toxic? I don't feel he is cz I know he actually is going through stuff and really cares for me & loves me.. but idk just doesn't want to date for now















2
User Profile: dukeofdearham
dukeofdearham August 19th, 2021

@amusingKitten2864,

why would he be toxic? That is just another meaningless buzzword that is (ab)used all too often.
You are pushing him, he wants space and time.
He seems to be behaving pretty mature and conscious to me.
I think her likes you, but that doesn't mean he loves you. Remember, he stayed in another relationship, for a reason.
Just stay close friends if possible, and do not push, pushing will only drive persons away from you.

User Profile: amusingKitten2864
amusingKitten2864 OP August 20th, 2021

Thanks. I don't mind waiting around for him but I'm just afraid if he's taking me and my time for granted.


But ya I'll give him space and time for somedays until I can't take it. I will then give up on us dating forever and try to move on. And this time not look back even if he's ready to date.

load more