Boyfriends thought on live scares me.
This is mainly just me venting my mind
My boyfriend told me he doesn't really want to live past 50-60 and it scares the he'll out of me. I am 21 and he is 23 right now. I know it's far into the future but it still makes me sad and scared that he has that on his mind. From what he and some friends told me is that he had some suicidal tendencies. I don't want to think of possibly k owing he might end it by then. I don't like to think about it not when he talks about it. But it is the reality for him.
I'm scared
Hey, if he does then be careful. I've been through the ringer wih this stuff and I still am. It's agony but I mean maybe this is him not wanting to grow old? Not wanting to age and be in a nursing home is he like active sporty something he could loose at 50s60s
@leafcatampy he is not really sporty or anything. He used to not want to be alive at all, before he got out of a serious depression. I don't want to fill in his blanks but from what I've gathered from the past is that he just doesn't care for being alive all that much. He does enjoy life but just doesn't care to much for it I think.
I don't know
@JustDanR there are tons of different types of depression you could ask him or ask about therapy but that could push him away or make him angry if he's in denial about needing help
@JustDanR Oh yes, I used to be like this. When you're in your in your teens and twenties, 50 and 60 seems old..until you get there. There was a time when I really didn't think I'd make it past 30 by the way I abused my body with drugs and alcohol to cover the depression and anxiety. But 30 came and went, and then 40. When I got to this age, my perspective changed. I have more wisdom now and I'm not the person I was in my 20's. Him saying that he doesn't want to live into 50's and 60's isn't a guarantee that he won't. A lot can happen between now and then.