Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Feel like my life was taken from me!!!!

User Profile: sentimentalcrab78
sentimentalcrab78 November 20th, 2021

I'm currently going through a breakup after a six and a half year relationship. I'm having a very hard time dealing with this. I don't want to sound like a love-struck teenager who talks about love at first sight but when I first met my ex 10 years before we got together there was just something about him that stuck in my mind I never saw him for those 10 years but the day we saw each other we've been together ever since. I still get butterflies from him. I've never in my life felt this way about anyone. It consumes me which is a little frightening. But he left the beginning of October we've been having problems and he's come and gone but he left this time for good. This is the longest in six and a half years that I've been without hearing his voice. He walked out the door and acted like the past six and a half years didn't matter because he ate just ignores me like I never existed. Not to mention I left my job of 3 years in may and I'm going through a rough patch with that so I'm basically at rock bottom when he walks out. I don't know what to do and I don't have anyone who is not partial or judgmental to talk to. it's consuming me and I don't want that to happen but I don't know how I can get over it I can't get him out of it.. how could you love someone so much that doesn't love you back?


2
User Profile: QuietMagic
QuietMagic November 20th, 2021

@sentimentalcrab78

Hi, welcome to 7 Cups. 💜 Can completely understand how that would be so difficult. Your ex is someone who has felt really special to you ever since you first met him, even 10 years before you got together. Now that he's left, it feels like he's pretending that the past 6.5 years never happened, but you're not able to forget all of that so easily or pretend that it doesn't matter a lot to you. And even before this breakup happened, you were going through a rough patch because of leaving your job a few months earlier.

If you'd like to chat with someone, HERE is a list of experienced 7 Cups listeners who accept 1-on-1 chats on breakups Also just passing along a couple other links:
7 Cups self-care guide on breakups
Tips for coping with a breakup

1 reply
User Profile: sentimentalcrab78
sentimentalcrab78 OP November 20th, 2021

Thank you so much!!🥰

load more