Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Have an amazing partner that I love deeply, but also growing feelings for someone else

User Profile: InnerGalaxy
InnerGalaxy December 18th, 2022

I'm a bit of a pickle. I am in a great relationship of 3 years and have a 9 week old baby together, which has been tough on me mentally and physically. My partner doesn't understand really the impact its had on my body and life, and I struggle to express myself naturally, so communication is an issue.


I have recently been getting some strong feelings for someone I've known for a few years now and I dont know what to do. I'm struggling to understand myself and cope with everything. I need some advice on how I can cope with this or what I should do.




















































































































I known this other person for a few years now, but































































































































4
User Profile: toughTiger6481
toughTiger6481 December 19th, 2022

@InnerGalaxy

does this friend give you support or understanding with all you are going thru with new baby and the mental and physical issues...... easier to talk to and explain your feelings......

I find if a person is meeting an emotional need ...............where your partner may not .......that is a big reason to feel attraction and think what if ....

i have seen it even in situations where the person just seems more supportive and understanding ........and the frustration with a partner has people saying well I bet that person would fit better...

People IMO discount how important emotional support and ease of sharing our deepest feeling are and many a spouse or partner do not meet that need or used to but no longer do....


2 replies
User Profile: InnerGalaxy
InnerGalaxy OP December 19th, 2022

Sort of. They say nice things like I'm doing a good job etc. My partner does sometimes too. I've tried to explain how I'm feeling to my partner but instead of just listening about my issues within myself, he kind of reflects it onto him.


I dont know if theyd be a better in a relationship wise, they are younger than me but 7 years, but i just cant help feeling i like them a lot and want to explore things. Im also worried as if i did explore id ruin everything for something that may not even be worth it













































1 reply
User Profile: toughTiger6481
toughTiger6481 December 19th, 2022

@InnerGalaxy

you answered it yourself he listens and your partner takes it wrong and makes it about him which shuts you down from sharing your feelings

I have had similar items where my partner was not listening / was not supportive kind of who cares attitude.... when you find someone else who listens and supports and has any other nice attributes IMO it is natural and very normal to entertain the idea...

You can look it up but one of the biggest reasons for women to look/ leave or even cheat is not being heard and emotional needs not being met from partner.


load more
load more
User Profile: HermitHealer
HermitHealer December 19th, 2022

Just some questions worth asking yourself to gain insight:

What was it that caused you to start developing feelings for this other person?

What do you think they represent?

What do you feel he offers you that your partner lacks?

What do you feel he has that you are lacking in yourself?

You're in a vulnerable place after just having had a baby, feeling confused and misunderstood. It would probably be best not to make any hasty decisions before fully understanding why you feel the way you do about this other person.