Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How do you handle your SO’s family disliking you

User Profile: OctaviaMorrison
OctaviaMorrison June 10th, 2022

So I have been struggling with my mental health for a while. Coming out of my depression I have started to do my hair again and care about my appearance a lot more. Every time I am around my significant others family they make me feel bad about myself because they subtly say things to make it clear they don’t care for me. And when I try to stand up for myself I am perceived as weird.

I can’t afford actually therapy yet. But I believe I am on the borderline personality spectrum. Which makes me double check my emotions to make sure that I am not feeling unnecessary feelings that can jeopardize my relationships moving forward.

I have tried to break up with my bf severely times because of this and my mental state but he doesn’t want to leave me even when I feel my least deserving. But I know for a fact that his family doesn’t like me so it’s very discouraging. I can’t talk to him about his own family because in his eyes they tell them all the time how much they love me. Even though I know what it is and they just show me enough to not upset him. I don’t know what to do.

1
User Profile: neatBeechwood4071
neatBeechwood4071 June 10th, 2022

What does he say to you about your feelings on how his family treats you? Does he put you first?