My friend sent my private messages and post to my girlfriend
A little background here My girlfriend has Dissociative identity disorder. Last week,one of her alters was fronting for over 24 hours. I wasnt used to this and was.feeling vulnerable and sad. I vented these feelings to someone close to me, and posted in a support group for Partners of people with Dissociative Identity Disorder,here on reddit, looking for support and advice. My messages to my friend were rather sad and whiny, because I was honestly very down,and wanted to tell.a friend I was comfortable around. Without my knowledge, my friend screenshotted my messages to her,plus the post i had put up in the support group, and sent them.to.my girlfriend's alter. This alter already doesn't like me all that much and those messages and post just aggravated her more My friend said she only sent the screenshots of my messages because she was worried and was upset herself. And said she showed my post in the group because since my girlfriend follows me on my other Reddit account , she'd have seen it anyways. My girlfriend says our friend only did what she did because she was concerned. I feel like this is a big violation of my trust. I came to my friend in a moment of vulnerability and she basically mocked me for it,and shared what I was saying, to someone she knew would be upset over it. And I posted in the support group honestly looking for help from others in my same situation. I want to believe my friend had the best intentions in mind, but im.not sure anymore. Shes literally the reason I have a second Reddit account ,because I posted my stuff with the other, and she knew it was me
Hey.. I feel like friendship is all about trust and I can't claim to know all about her but if i tell u something in private cause ur my friend and u go and share it to someone else regardless of who that person is to me, I wouldn't tell u stuffs anymore cause I don't trust u to keep it between us, if in my moment of vulnerability, I felt like I could confide in u and u couldn't give me the same respect and kinda threw it back in my face regardless of whatever "good intentions" u think u have, I'm just going to keep u at arm's length just like ur doing right now by creating a second account on
@AnemoTiger it definitely was a violation of your trust, and mostly just an awful thing to do. Send someone's personal messages to the person they're talking about, because they're "concerned"? What kind of concern involves sending something purposely upsetting, from someone who was obviously upset themselves and just venting/looking for support? That's not concern, that's gossip. That's breaking trust. That's triangulation. Zero good intentions there. No excuse at all in my opinion. Even best case scenario what did they think would happen? They're hurting you by sharing something private, they're hurting your girlfriend by making her read things out of context about herself and purposefully damaging the relationship, they're hurting themselves by being an awful "friend" and showing they cannot keep things private and are not a safe person to talk to. What good could have ever come from that action? I feel so sorry that you reached out for support and to just get things out of your head, and someone had the audacity to do that to you. It's not fair to you, and not fair to your girlfriend.