Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Very unhappy... but kids

User Profile: Wonkeymonkey1986
Wonkeymonkey1986 June 13th, 2019

Hi there.

I don't really now there to begin.

My partner and me have been together tot 11 years. After our first three years together, he broke up with me because he don't love me anymore. At this point we were engaged and living togethe. He started sleeping with his co-worker. But after a few weeks he decided to win me back... and he did as I still loved him.

Then I met him of became clear he was an avid onlIne vieogamer. But this didn't botherm me too much.

Fastforward 8 years and three kids later.

He is gaming constantly. He can't even tie his shoelaces without watching youtube videos on his cellphone. He gave up his job. Wants to start working for himself but I never actually see him working. Only gaming...

He doesn't pay any attention to our baby.

He does basic things around the house and expects eternal gratitude for this.

Meanwhile I will be the sole provider because he decided to quit his job, I take fulltime care of the children. When I ask for help or tell him he should game less he calls me a nagging loser, or a bitch. In front of the children (ages 5y, 3,5y and 8m). He tells me it's my fault he games that much because I don't give him what he needs (we aren't intimate. I just can't....).

I am very unhappy and often regret the choice to take him back.

Separation is just impossible for me because I would break if I didn't get to see my children every day. They are my everything.

I don't know what to do. I am wasting my life.

2
User Profile: JohnDoe00
JohnDoe00 June 13th, 2019

@Wonkeymonkey1986

Such a deadbeat you had as father of your children.
Well, this is my opinion, but if you are the sole provider you have to confront him and demand that he starts to pay his share of the household expenses since those the Kids are as your as his, and start to take responsibility on that issue.

My concern is your 5 year old kid, seeing that he doesn't work. So for your kids you have to take action and say to him or either he starts working more constantly or he gets kicked out of the house until he gets a more steady work for their family.

If he goes for the deadbeat path, you get him out of the house, and if you can, file for full custody and do things as he were dead.

1 reply
User Profile: Wonkeymonkey1986
Wonkeymonkey1986 OP June 14th, 2019

@JohnDoe00

I'm afraid full ccustody is not something you can get in my country, unless in extreme situations.

Further, he had a job until last month. So he paid his share. Now he will be on benefits for a year.

Still. I'm not ok with this.

load more