What's real and what's my mental illness
I've been in my current relationship for over a year and a half and we are now living together (since October). Pretty much the whole time we've been in a relationship I've been in the headspace that it won't last, that I'm meant to be alone, and anytime we disagree or argue I automatically panic we'll break up. I can't tell if all these thoughts are because I actually want to break up or if it's my severe anxiety and worry and assumption that things can't last. I've had one other serious relationship 9 years ago and I was a similar way in that one too. I struggle to make decisions and am uncomfortable in my skin and my decisions, so I can't tell if I'm unhappy in our relationship, unhappy in any relationship, and/or its all part of the fact that my mental illnesses interfere with everything in my life. Which makes me feel like I'm a piece of shit, a bad partner, a burden - or if we are actually not meant to be. How can I know what's real, what to actually worry about or what I'm overreacting about. I don't know.
@KindPear
I'm sorry to hear of your struggle. It sounds exhausting and overwhelming to always feel so unhappy and inadequate. Since it has been this way for so many years, perhaps the causes or even solutions can be found in that timeline.
Have you considered therapy to help you analyze and find closure with those past situations? A clearer picture would definitely help to correctly separate perceptions from facts.