Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Year and a half post break up, how to move on for GOOD?

User Profile: Missamyjane
Missamyjane August 9th, 2016

Long story short a year and a half ended an on and off relationship due to being disrespected and the other person putting in no effort in contact, months later I found out on Facebook he was with someone else and started going out with this person whilst he was with me.

At one stage I had him blocked on everything and all social media and cut all ties and was finally moving on until a friend we both knew begged me to unblock him and this is how we got back together, this same friend updated me recently that he has been happy with this new person and is still with her and have been travelling with her so I decided to cut this "friend" off to fully move on. As soon as I found this out I was suicidal because at the same timeI have had no luck when it comes to relationships, I have tried online dating but I gave only come across males who are really desperate and can't get a woman in real life or ones who just want FWB so I lost all hope. I always think why did I get treated like crap and he is still with this other girl? What makes it worse is the fact that the same friend went through a break up and her situation totally depressed me, her ex split up with her two years ago and she is still stalking his profile and is still single whilst he is happy and going out with a lawyer whilst this friend is not succeeding in life at all. I am so tired of seeing women who get hurt and ending up being the underdog and the ones who cause the pain gain the upper hand.

5
User Profile: Khalenyu
Khalenyu August 11th, 2016

@Missamyjane

I ended my relationship with my ex-husband last year around this time, and I finalized my divorce this past November. Once the relationship ended I also started working on my health. I lost over eighty pounds since then, and I have just finished my first semester working on a degree that I love. I began online dating several months ago without any expectations. I just wanted to go out once in a while and talk to someone who might be interested in me. After a while, I eventually found a man that I really got along with, and now we are madly in love. My life couldn't be better now, and I'm really thankful. I would say to anyone going through a hard time to surround yourself with supportive people and do things you love, and when you're ready meet people without putting any pressure for something to happen. You can turn your life around, be happy, and make others happy as well.

2 replies
User Profile: diplomaticCoconut6613
diplomaticCoconut6613 October 17th, 2016

@Khalenyu

I'm also going through this.I am also not very sexually appealing so many women don't even initiate a conversation. My ex wife used me to acquire a citizenship and then dumped me. I have to fight in court and has no support at all. The Law cares for tears of women more than the effort a men made in keeping up the family. I am not sure if I could even be successful ever with online dating. However, It is a fact that male harmones definitely arose a man to that level that he is willing to do anything for it some time making a fake statement.

But that doesn't mean that males only want sex. They want success in their life and having a woman as a wife is necessary for success.

Family is something man knows is the only way of life. Regardless of culture, Religion and Race.

To evaluate a man you need to explore his life style. How responsible is he in making lawful decision. Amount of respect he has for someone he is seeking as relationship.

At present you might want to explore men from various culture and religious ethnic background. But be careful don't jump into a relationship quickly give it a time. I normally suggest running like a turtle.

1 reply
User Profile: Khalenyu
Khalenyu March 19th, 2017

@diplomaticCoconut6613

Thanks for replying! Sorry for being away for a while. I definitely appreciate your advice!

load more
load more
User Profile: ali1112
ali1112 October 22nd, 2016

@Missamyjane

Hi. I am sorry your not finding luck in love. I think it can be really hard to find a decent man, or woman for that matter. It sounds like your friend struggled to support you and gave you advice that was not in your best interest (to add your ex back to your social media accounts). Its so important to surround ourselves with people who are going to love us through our struggles and want to see the best for us. I hope you find that community. Dont give up on love. Maybe join a community group or ask some of your friends or coworkers if they know any single people you can try to connect with. Just when you least expect it maybe the door to love will open.