Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Now accepting submissions for Q & A CHALLENGE !

User Profile: Dillion
Dillion March 4th, 2016

Hello everyone!

@Lucy2 has done such an amazing job running the Q & A team, she is now expanding to all adults to submit their very own question to be considered in the Q & A Section of the website for a limited time!

Check it out here!

Submit one question, tag two other Listeners to submit two more questions

104
User Profile: FeelsMoreLikeAMemory
FeelsMoreLikeAMemory March 19th, 2016

I can't hear any of the meditations on my phone, but there's nothing wrong with the volume/sound on the phone. Is there a fix for this?

1 reply
User Profile: Anonynay
Anonynay March 20th, 2016

I have a similar problem, @FeelsMoreLikeAMemory . My meditations turn off when my phone screen goes dark. This just doesn't make sense!

load more
User Profile: Kiwiflavours
Kiwiflavours March 20th, 2016

Is it possible to get over social anxiety or does it stay with you forever?

2 replies
User Profile: Sadxgirlx
Sadxgirlx March 20th, 2016

@Kiwiflavours i think you can get over it. I also have social anxiety, but i think with alot of help, we can get over it. I don't wanna say in a year, but maybe in 5 years or something. It's gonna be hard but i know for sure you can become a different person, a person who likes to speak and socialize with other people. I'm sorry if my english sucks lol

1 reply
March 21st, 2016

@Sadxgirlx iam going thru this with my family and dont know how to express it to them

load more
load more
March 20th, 2016

Why are cluster B personality types allowed to post in the recovering children/ children of/ adult children of the disorders? It seems unhealthy to allow that in what I would say should be a safe place...

User Profile: Mysteryical
Mysteryical March 20th, 2016

What are some good self help books one could use for generalized and social anxiety?

User Profile: vnb80
vnb80 March 20th, 2016

How many year can you be on meds for anxiety?

2 replies
User Profile: 25Ashley
25Ashley March 21st, 2016

@vnb80

I am not a doctor, but from what i was told, it is diffrent for each person.
it depends on the person and the type of medication. a lot of the time anti anxiety meds have addictive qualities/chemicals to them and can create a higher risk of addiction. Some times doctors will change or alter the way you take them.

for example.

when my mental health issues and disorders began i had to take, 2 pills regularly and more if i was in a crisis/panic mode so lets say 6 pills a day at first. then over time when i managed my mental health related episodes, my meds changed to 1 time a day and 1 at a time in crisis. and now i am only taking one if i am triggered or experiancing panic ect. so more like a play it day by day.

also i have been on this anxiety medication for 5 years. i know this might be a blanket or vauge answer/replie but i hope it helps.

User Profile: dhabib
dhabib March 23rd, 2016

@vnb80 i was on lexapro i was younger and before i became a teenager and my homeopathic medication helps me with my anixety im 23 now

load more
March 21st, 2016

Does it matter if an woman dates an older man?

2 replies
User Profile: sociableStrings2600
sociableStrings2600 March 21st, 2016

@MISTYSNOW It is completely fine, you just need to believe in your relationship.

User Profile: OpheliaSwan
OpheliaSwan March 22nd, 2016

@MISTYSNOW

It depends on the circumstances and that both are legal consenting adults. We are all wired differently and can definitely connect with people in other age brackets. If you fall in love and your brain chemistry is going crazy then why not?

Min only ever weary of very young 16-25's getting involved in much older people. Mainly because this is usually (term usually) the time of identity growth. Also a lot of the time, the older partner is ready to have a family, has had a family with another partner, or doesn't want to have a family at all ever. These all are very confronting views for younger people who haven't had a whole lot of life experience (outside of schooling) and may find that in years to come they don't agree with older partners views anymore. However there are many relationships that overcome this and have been fruitful. It is all on the people involved. With every relationship you need to have strong open communication.

load more
March 21st, 2016

Is there anyway to really recover from self harm?

1 reply
User Profile: Roseberrytealeaves
Roseberrytealeaves March 22nd, 2016

@Littlelovin

YES I did! it has been YEARS since I hurt myself it takes Alot of time patients hope and faith to do so . You will get there just don't give up

load more
User Profile: Sad8258
Sad8258 March 21st, 2016

How do you know if u have anxiety or depression?

User Profile: JuniperJuice
JuniperJuice March 21st, 2016

Is there any way to earn a free membership?

for example, It'd be really cool if reaching a certain goal as a listener or completing an internship could earn one a full 'paid' membership as a member.

User Profile: BrainGUTZ
BrainGUTZ March 21st, 2016

How do I know if I'm bisexual? I don't think I'm straight because I like girls a too... like I notice things like if they're cute or something. I sometimes wish I could kiss them, but I have had lots of crushes on guys too. I honestly don't know what to think at this point.

8 replies
User Profile: SoulsEclipsed
SoulsEclipsed March 21st, 2016

@BrainGUTZ

User Profile: SoulsEclipsed
SoulsEclipsed March 21st, 2016

@BrainGUTZ

User Profile: Bririri58
Bririri58 March 21st, 2016

@BrainGUTZ you can be bisexual

User Profile: sullengaze
sullengaze March 21st, 2016

I have those too @BrainGUTZ

User Profile: Msbryant02
Msbryant02 March 22nd, 2016

@BrainGUTZ

how about you give it an try and see if that helps you it doesn't hurt to try

User Profile: OpheliaSwan
OpheliaSwan March 22nd, 2016

@BrainGUTZ

Well done for being honest with yourself. First let's put away labels for one moment and think of you as a person. We all grow and change. Sexuality isn't something that can be defined to one person for all of eternity. Sexuality changes, like our bodies change, like our brain chemicals change. You decide your sexuality, and if it changes that's ok too. I've labelled myself many things. I've been straight, bisexual and now I'd consider myself pansexual. In honesty though, I mainly just think of me as me. I am attracted to people, I love people, I enjoy intimate moments with consenting adults, regardless of gender.

Just embrace yourself and love yourself. Don't worry about the labels. If someone asks you can explain.

2 replies
User Profile: BrainGUTZ
BrainGUTZ March 22nd, 2016

@OpheliaSwan thanks for the advice. I just told my mom how I feel and that I have a crush on a girl and I'm not sure if it's just that particular person or what but my mom was very accepting and we had a long talk and I decided that I like people in general for their personalities and I don't care about gender. She said that she will love me no matter what I decide I feel like and will accept anyone I love. Thanks for what you wrote it made me understand a lot better.

1 reply
User Profile: OpheliaSwan
OpheliaSwan March 22nd, 2016

@BrainGUTZ

Im glad it helped and how awesome is your mom!!! Way to go! Unconditional love at its finest. I don't know ou but I'm proud of you. Strong communication relationships with people you trust is important. I hope it stays with you for years to come.

Have a Google at the gingerbread person. It shows you how we all lie on a spectrum for sexuality, gender and identity. It's society that demands we stand in neat little boxes, and for a lot of us this is distressing because we simply don't fit in.

Sending high 5's and hugs your way. This girl is super lucky to have you if it works out. It's not easy, but if it was a boy, it wouldn't be easy either ;)

load more
load more
load more