I've been banned for speaking up. Is this the 7cups I knew and appreciated?
So, I used to use this account until I forgot my log-in date. I used a different one despite getting great support by 7cups in signing back in, because I had a few REALLY great listeners on it. My other account was ChloePriceIsBlazed.
I had issues that I contacted a listener for. Instead, I got a very... let's say "conservative" propaganda speech (mind you, it felt very prepared to mass-serve people who are impressionable.) I remained polite and simply asked questions. Instead I was accused (You can check out that listener's chat-log, there's no account that matches my IP. Or at least there shouldn't. The point I'm trying to make is, is that I never have contacted him before.) He talked in an unprofessional way to me and then reported me. While I was going to see on the forum how I can report him for his behavior, I was logged out. As I logged back in, I found I was banned. I have literally done nothing wrong (unless owning two accounts is against the rules, but I behave on both, so I wouldn't know why it should.)
Is this really how you treat people like me? People who are suicidal, depressed, lost, grief-stricken and whatnot. People who come here for emotional support. And then I have to not only endure that person but also that it's ME who's getting banned? I'll attach screenshots of my conversation with that person. I really hope you deal with this accordingly. I don't want to believe 7cups is a site that would support someone like that over me.
[edited for privacy regarding chat details]
Wow just wow! I am so shocked that a "listener" who says that homosexualidad is a symptom and as if we're a disease is allowed to provide support to the homosexuales community. This person is obviously a mismatch for you and anyone in 7 cups attempting to get LGTBQI support. Conversion therapy is now being banned from several states for the same argument, that homosexualidad is not a disease nor a choice. I have found great help and support for non related issues on this site, but from what I see some listeners are not fit to discuss your interests hun. Please don't be discouraged to find more resourceful sites and anonymous phone lines regarding the matter. Best of luck with your search and hang in there.
Thank you for your support, I really appreciate it. The funny thing is, I wasn't even dealing with issues with my sexuality rather than something else I specifically asked before we started talking if they can help me with.
I actually CANNOT contact any listeners on this account, so I'm guessing the ban on my other account is like an IP block? So right now I'm just alone, left with no support for getting treated poorly.
I know mistakes can happen, so I won't freak prematurely but I really, really hope that 7cups unbans me and removes this person from his listener status. :/
If you are unable to report a listener due to being banned/blocked you can do so via email.
If you think you have wrongly been banned, you can also discuss that via email.
community@7cups.com is the one to use for both cases.
I hope you find your other experiences here to be much more pleasant!
@Maku @Roadie @Noasu @Iara
Hi, Sunbather. I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad experience on the site. I don't think any sort of speech, conservative or otherwise, is appropriate on a site where our primary goals are to listen and to extend empathy to those who come here. We're here to listen to what you think--we're not here to tell you what we think or to tell you what you should think. It is not acceptable for a listener to act discourteously or unprofessionally with a member or guest.
As others have pointed out in here, you can certainly send in a report if you want disciplinary action to be taken against the listener in question, and you could also send an email to get your ban taken care of. I know that doesn't make what happened feel right or okay, but I do hope it helps.
Again, I apologize for what happened. It's unacceptable, and I wish you could have had a better experience.
Hello my friend, when you manage to get back in here please contact me. Please try to forget about any negative experiences here and lets talk. Meanwhile, a big hug in solidarity and please take care my friend. x