Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

IGTBA.... I know you want to know what this means. CLICK THROUGH

User Profile: Laura
Laura July 23rd, 2015

IGTBA is a saying my grandfather used to say all the time! I wanted to share it with you today heart

It's

Great

To

Be

Alive

Today, i'm really feeling the IGTBA love, so let's share our #IGTBA moments from the day here!

Special invitation to all the **grumpy people** out there to participate (you know who you are...yes, i'm talking to you...)

505
User Profile: Amelia
Amelia July 30th, 2015

IGTBA because I was able to make a difference for a veteran I saw come into services at work today.

5 replies
User Profile: KoiFish
KoiFish July 30th, 2015

@RocketsMom we don't have any special discounts at the store I work at but both my significant other and my grandfather are combat veterans (from different wars) so I hold a special place in my heart. Whenever a veteran with ID comes in I give them the largest discount available to customers.

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia July 30th, 2015

That's great @niceEast866 -- this Veteran was finally reaching out for mental health services after suffering for far too long. I was so proud of him for being able to take that step!

3 replies
User Profile: KoiFish
KoiFish July 30th, 2015

@RocketsMom thank you for taking care of our veterans. The friend i called today is also a combat veteran. He struggles with depression. They need our support and I wish I could help him more.

2 replies
User Profile: Amelia
Amelia July 30th, 2015

@niceEast1866 -- phone calls and support and just being there for people makes all the difference in the world. I'm going to guess that yo have a much greater impact on that person's life than you realize! *hugs*

1 reply
User Profile: KoiFish
KoiFish July 30th, 2015

@RocketsMom I try haha. I referred him here as well. I figure since this place has helped me maybe it can help him as well. I made sure to tell him that I'm an open ear and heart for him too. I think he'll find great support here from everyone.

load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: musicalSoul44
musicalSoul44 July 30th, 2015

#IGTBA because my friend and I had a fight last week and somehow it made our friendship turn around even stronger! Involved each sharing some well-deserved feelings neither of us wanted to accept at the time, so now our relationship is on an honest, deeper level. It brought about some more great therapy lessons today as well!

1 reply
User Profile: Amelia
Amelia July 30th, 2015

That's awesome @musicalSoul44!! Keeping emotions inside isn't the best choice--we gotta figure out how to express them and help each other understand. I'm glad you guys are doing better now!! :)

load more
User Profile: walkerhelps
walkerhelps July 30th, 2015

At first I was scared to work around patients in the medical field before my first job. This week a caring and incredibly motivated doctor has mentored me and let me follow them on house calls through so many situations, and enlightened me to so many things about this job. I am no longer nervous to answer phones or be near patients. This is one of those IGTBA moments when you realize that all your previous fears were unfounded

1 reply
User Profile: Amelia
Amelia July 30th, 2015

@walkerhelps....sometimes it just takes the right person to help us push past the wall, you know? I'm glad you're feeling less fear now!

load more
User Profile: teamirror
teamirror July 30th, 2015

#IGTBA because my husband loves me.

User Profile: rezcub
rezcub July 30th, 2015

#IGTBA For those perfect moments, cuddling with my sig fig and there's complete peace. When I spend time with my black cats and Shiro -being the biggest shit there is- listens to my request that he jump into my lap despite not having seen me for three months.

Brownie brittle and popcorn. Those moments make it worth it.

User Profile: Truth0615
Truth0615 July 30th, 2015

#IGTBA I love my kids!!!!

1 reply
User Profile: Amelia
Amelia July 31st, 2015

@Truth0615 -- children are amazing!! (Even when they're annoying lol)

load more
User Profile: SkyUnicorn
SkyUnicorn July 30th, 2015

IGTBA because I can recognise my growth and how far I've come. Even if I slip up and make mistakes, I now know that I have the strenth and determination to get back on track. I feel so empowered! :)

2 replies
User Profile: Amelia
Amelia July 31st, 2015

@SkyUnicorn -- I love reading that you feel self-empowered. Maybe you could write down on a notecard what you posted just now and keep it for when you need a reminder? (I do that kind of thing all the time!)

1 reply
User Profile: SkyUnicorn
SkyUnicorn July 31st, 2015

@RocketsMom - That's a great idea, thank you! :)

load more
load more
User Profile: blissfulwanderlust
blissfulwanderlust July 31st, 2015

#IGTBA because in just a few weeks I will be headed back to school with all of my friends

1 reply
User Profile: Amelia
Amelia July 31st, 2015

@blissfulwanderlust -- good luck with starting back to school! I hope it goes great for you!

load more
User Profile: RedCode
RedCode July 31st, 2015

IGTBA because I finally found my true friend. It's hard to find someone who understands you so well. And this is awesome)

User Profile: Dreamer02
Dreamer02 July 31st, 2015

IGTBA because of music...

2 replies
User Profile: Amelia
Amelia July 31st, 2015

@Dreamer02 -- I wanted to upvote this 1million times :)

1 reply
User Profile: Dreamer02
Dreamer02 August 1st, 2015

Why thank you! Music is life! ❤

load more
load more