We need a christian chatroom since there is so much HATE!!!!
I have been on this site from since last year and am thinking of becoming a listener. I have an issue.I want to talk about God or Jesus based on my experience and also want to help those who are really contemplating whether they want to live because nothing seems to help.
I thought that this site was welcoming for everyone but it does not seem that way. I have been attacked by alot of people in the chatroom one time for just saying Jesus's name without saying anything else. It is ashame that me and other christians dont feel welcomed here and this is a place for the hurt and the helping....
So I demand, since We cant talk at all about even saying Jesus name without someone having "triggers", would appreciate if the creator of this site would make a chatroom where we can be open to talk about religion without so much hate.No one was even speaking about hate while mentioning God to others. I also wont accept the "well since you will be a listener you can talk to someone one on one about it" One person said that this site is "SECULAR"!! So that means we are not welcomed here...
So please, make a chatroom in the future for people with an open-mind and an open heart to expand and to allow others to feel WELCOMED HERE.
Thank you :)
I'm very glad that you mention this. I just came on this site to be a listerner and i am working on my degree to become a biblical couselor. And it give me practive on what people need help with. I am very busy but tempted to create a christian group.
Stay strong. God will make a way
Tracy
@Peachy1
That was an interesting post.
What is your goal? To have a good conversation on the topic of god/jesus?
Anyone of us who is looking to engage in a conversation on a specific topic.. well, we must find:
1. People willing to engage in such a conversation
2. The appropriate venue where to engage in such a conversation.
You asked 7 cups to have a chat room for your specific topic and . . . it's not possible for 7 cups to do so, it's not hate, it's their prerogative. The good news is that you have so many choices of venues where to do so, off the top of my head I can think of:
- A Facebook Page, open to anyone
- A Faceboob Group, public or private
- A Reddit sub
- A Discord channel
- A Slack room
- A Wordpress blog with open comments
- I am sure there are more similar venues.
Keep in mind that in order to have a good conversation, having "willing participants" is key, in all practicality you need their consent to engage in such a conversation; it's a question of good social manners. It's the same in 7 cups as it would be at a social gathering or . . . your church. At times I get into a chat as a listener and the person asks me a few question about me (age group, m or f, sexual orientation, religion, philosophical vews... etc..) and then they prefer to chat with someone else with a different background, and it's OK, it's very OK to me, it's not hate, it's finding a like-minded willing particiapnt into a conversation. Same at a party, if someone for instance wants to talk about sports or the latest news from the royal family in the UK I am not a good candidate and I would tell them so, it's not hate it's just that I am not interested in those topics and I would not want them shoved it down my throat; and - finally - it's the same at your church, if somene were to come to your church and wanted to talk about Atherism or the Pastafarianism it would not be OK with you: no willing participants and wrong venue.
Find yourself a good venue, online and/or offline, and find yourself willing participant to engage in your conversations and discussions and you'll have a grand time.
And if you want to spread the word about your thining, ideas, opinions; then you can easily create content and publish it as a blog (Wordpress or Tumblr), microblogging (Twitter), videos (YouTube or Vimeo), pordcast (SoundCloud) which can also serve as venues for exchanges (via comments).
I wish you the best of luck with everything.