Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What have you done to prevent burnout today? Preventing Burnout at 7 Cups

User Profile: Hope
Hope March 21st, 2021

Hi everyone! This is a forum post linked to the path 'Preventing Burnout at 7 Cups'

enlightenedWhat have you done to prevent burnout today?

This can a variety of things like:

• Saying no to a task because you have enough on your plate

• Taking part in self-care activities

• Taking a self-care break from 7 Cups

306

@Hope 

Today I worked on preventing burnout by balancing listener chats with training and reflection. I took time between conversations to think about what went well, what I learned, and what emotions members were sharing instead of rushing from one chat to the next. I also reminded myself that I don't need to solve every problem—sometimes listening and being present is enough.

@11ReadyToListen11 Minutes after I posted this, my Path told me to post in this thread! I guess it's important to keep thinking about. :)

load more

@Hope

I have taken a break from 7 Cups and did self-care

User Profile: sereneMango2512
sereneMango2512 July 12th

@SerenitywithKat

Good job remember you can't pour from an empty cup, enjoy your self care break 😊

load more
User Profile: sereneMango2512
sereneMango2512 July 12th

@Hope

I said no to a role being offered to me.

I have reduced the frequency of hosting sharing circles 

I also now very mindfully take member chats, only when I feel I am my best.

@Hope

To prevent burnout, I took a step back from listening to member chats, and focused on doing things that bring me joy, such as nature walks. 

User Profile: talktome610
talktome610 July 13th

@Hope Today was my first day on the LDP, so I'm focusing on learning at a steady pace instead of taking on too much at once!

User Profile: talktome610
talktome610 July 13th

@Hope Today I focused on completing my first day of the LDP at a steady pace, took breaks when I needed them, and reminded myself not to rush into taking on too many responsibilities.

User Profile: MistyJasmine
MistyJasmine July 16th

@talktome610 That's really great!

Take care, take breaks and keep going :)

load more
User Profile: MistyJasmine
MistyJasmine July 16th

@Hope I just forgot about everything for the day and been watching tv from morning.. 

Got back to work an hour ago :)

User Profile: awesomePurple7105
awesomePurple7105 August 8th

@Hope I didn't take any member chat today and just focused on getting enough rest today

User Profile: starryJoy2222
starryJoy2222 September 11th

@Hope

I have scheduled my cups time and rest/self care time to create a nice balance and hopefully avoid burnout! 

🌟 Joy 🌟

User Profile: starryJoy2222
starryJoy2222 September 16th

@Hope

I made good use of my listener availability settings so I could focus on my coursework :) 

🌟 Joy 🌟