7 Cups Stands With #BlackLivesMatter
We at 7 Cups stand in solidarity with our Black mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons, daughters, friends, partners, and community against racism and oppression. To our community members who have been impacted by this, we see you and extend our deepest sympathy to you and your loved ones. Please know that 7 Cups is a safe space for you, and we will continue to do our best to ensure that our platform remains a solid foundation for the giving and receiving of support during this extremely challenging year. We are a community that is stronger together, and we will strive together to overcome these hard times.
If you are interested in helping through donations, I found a few reputable links to check out. There are many, many more, (and if you're in an area where protesting is happening, donating locally is a great idea) but feel free to drop any links you have in the replies!
Support #JusticeForGeorgeFloyd Protesters in Atlanta
Louisville Community Bail Fund
https://northstarhealth.wordpress.com/about-us/
It is interesting how angered and sinister persons can be at the simple thought of equality. It aggrevates them to the core that the majority in society supports black persons and acknowledge the injustice they have faced and saying let's change this course.
It is as if some wish that we say Black Lives Do Not Matter.
The thing is, the people that are so quick to say "All Lives Matter" are also the ones to say "Blue Lives Matter". If you can get so mad at us for saying Black Lives Matter, why can you say Blue Lives Matter? Sounds like quite the dibble standard, wouldn't you say?
@EmBeach1643
Isn't the whole issue moot? I mean, if any person's or people's life doesn't matter how can your life matter or mine?
@m4x1m1l14n The point is All Lives Matter is an incorrect statement because Black Lives are being treated unfairly just because of the color of their skin.
@EmBeach1643
This is true in China where I've seen Africans being scapegoated by the CCP as carriers of disease: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zji8pkCE3Y
I wish only the best for black communities (noone better start any bs by asking me 'why I only mentioned for black communities'. I state directly what I mean to say and I believe they need the spotlight) "Blowing out someone's candle wouldn't make yours burn brighter" ...And to those that have to deal with cowardly racism and the uncivilised backward thinking of racists/prejudice-promoters, keep up your endurance.
@MMaximiliano
Believe it or not, the Bible foretold that people today would be abusive, . . . without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous. (2 Timothy 3:1-4)
That's why the prevalence of injustice, rioting, looting, arson and general violence we're seeing is not at all surprising. Since this is the fulfilment of prophecy, though, we have good reason to be very hopeful for the future.
@m4x1m1l14n
I understand your religious view and thanks for sharing.
@MMaximiliano
It's wonderful that you do :)
Since injustice, bigotry, brutality and ruthlesness have always plagued mankind's history it's obvious, now more than ever, that "It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step" independant of his Creator's loving direction. (Jeremiah 10:23)
Black Lives Matter.
I just recently decided not to identify myself with a religion. My religion is Peace, Love and Kindness. Humanity before anything else there is so much hate in the world. It is sad
@Heather225
No offense but why is it called "Black Lives Matter"? It should be "All Lives Matter"......
@Stitch222 I would recommend reading through some of the earlier posts regarding this, particularly on page 2 of this thread, "Anomalia" made a fairly good summary of why people are specifically saying "black lives matter" in this case. Or, a quick Google never hurt :)
@sillyDuckling
Yes I know about all of the protests and things but it seems that people of all races have been affected by the recent violent and non violent protests..
@Stitch222 not sure what your confusion is then, if you actually understood the reasons behind the protests, but more importantly, behind the words, then there isn't much question as to why it's "black lives matter" in this instance and specifically not saying "all lives matter", even when we know obviously all lives do and should matter. It's not that hard to grasp.
@Stitch222
You're not the only one wondering the same thing: https://youtu.be/GQn_k35P0NM
@Stitch222
That's definitely a legitimate question especially when you consider how they treat those black live who canot in good conscience support their militant Marxist agenda.
@m4x1m1l14n please don't try to stir things up for no reason, remember this is a support site, you should keep your responses aimed as such.
@sillyDuckling
Again, you misjudge. My response was in support of @Stitch222 and his accurate and inclusive observation that every person matters regardless of their ethnicity, nationality, socio-economic status, place of origin, etc., etc.
@m4x1m1l14n 🙄 not even sure what to say to this oblivious-ness
@sillyDuckling
Oh? Where did you get lost?
@m4x1m1l14n
If you didn't notice, the thread is a space for people who support the statement "Black Lives Matter", people who are against racism and sympathise with the black community. Will you stop trying to push your own agenda and narrative? Will you just relax and let these people be in peace. You are free to disagree with anything anyone says but have a heart and realise this is not the time or place, that you don't have to get on your soapbox and spew stuff here.
@MMaximiliano
Thank you for respecting my liberty to disagree with anything anyone says :)
@m4x1m1l14n
I'm sure others will be thankful if you use such liberties wisely and not as you are doing now to cause others distress.
There's a golden rule of do onto others as you'll have them do unto you.
I recall seeing you preaching earlier on religious things, will you appreciate if I denounce and state my opinions against your held beliefs or that I allow you that space? So think before you proceed because what you do and say towards these people will reflect your true personality.
@MMaximiliano
The greatest man who ever lived once said, "Whoever practices vile things hates the light and does not come to the light, so that his works may not be reproved. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that his works may be made manifest as having been done in harmony with God." - John 3:20
Because I only accept truth I gladly welcome any and all challenges to any of my convictions. What do I need to fear, after all, if what I believe is true?
@m4x1m1l14n
A wise man also said: "The words of the reckless pierce like swords, but the tongue of the wise brings healing."
If you truly respect that man you quote, you will display the message of Love he promited, not using words to tear down but to build up.
@MMaximiliano
And who, exactly, have I "torn down" and when, precisely?
@m4x1m1l14n
I suggest you take a moment to read the responses of those who replied to you. Statements for example that sought to remind you that this is a support site. Use some empathy and you will see the answer to your question.
@MMaximiliano
Thank you for sharing that. Getting back to your accusation, who, exactly, have I "torn down" and when, precisely?
@m4x1m1l14n
Since you can't seem to figure it out yourself: Everyone who visited this thread in support of black lives. Everyone who your little previous post above accused of those who have experienced embedded problems in the system of reaping what they sow. Dismissing the challenge of upward social mobility due to skin colour. Even after FoxPrince kindly explained this to you. How about the people who have stated directly to you that you are invalidating the experiences of black people? How about the people you accuse of being militant Marxist for supporting black lives?
You don't even care to listen. It is clear that you specifically came on this thread to stir negativity. The people here have been peaceful so why come and do this to them.
@MMaximiliano
Thank you very much for sharing your opinions with me. It seems you've misconstrued the meaning as well as the intent of my rejoinders. If you care to listen I'm more than happy to clarify. Are you? :)
@m4x1m1l14n
I think it is you who have missed the point, as I'm not the first (or perhaps the last) to try to help you see that you are stirring negativity in a thread that is meant to upbuild others.
I have read enough of your retorts to see what your motives are, now if you wouldn't mind, let these people be in peace.
@MMaximiliano
Thank you, again, for your opinions.
@m4x1m1l14n
You're welcomed. I hope you do some inner reflection though.
Noone needs additional negativity in their lives.
@m4x1m1l14n
Maybe as a tip: set aside your own personal bias and think on what Black Lives Matter and the original post means for black people. What it means to feel that support from the community. Actually listen and read the comments by them and how it makes THEM feel. It's a selfless act but try it... not everything is about you and how you feel, leave them with the spotlight for once.
God "made out of one man every nation of men." -Acts 17:26
Since "God is not partial" he has no love for those who foment racial hatred of any kind. (Acts 10:34, 35, cf. Exodus 22:21)
@m4x1m1l14n it's too bad humans don't treat humans as equals, which is, you know, the entire point of black lives matter....this quote is so pointless and tone deaf. Seriously, just leave this thread alone. Just stop posting. Do not reply to me. Just leave it alone.
Every society, every form of government ever tried has been powerless to end racism. And it's just one of the many, many evils that, for thousands and thousands of years, has tormented humanity. Why? Because "It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step" independent of his Creator's loving guidance. (Jeremiah 10:23)
This is why the greatest man who ever lived taught his disciples to look to God's Kingdom as the only lasting solution to all these horrors. Only when it finally takes the reign of human affairs shortly will God's will finally "take place, as in heaven, also on earth." (Mathew 6:9, cf. Daniel 2:44)
@m4x1m1l14n really? Please take your religious stuff elsewhere. You're not being helpful, you're not contributing to anything supportive, and this isn't a site to try to spread your religion. Just stop. Please. I'm begging you. Stop posting here.