Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Currently studying for a very important exam and feeling so anxious and lost and wanting to start my life all over again

User Profile: bluembloom
bluembloom August 4th, 2021

Hello, its my first time in this app and Ive been wanting to look for safe spaces to talk about uni anxiety and all that for a long long time now but never had the chance to properly look into it, so yay for this app. Im currently a graduate from uni and trying to study for board exams which will happen in the next few months should the pandemic not worsen and move it again. Ive been feeling this crushing need and feeling of lostness since the day I graduated because I feel like I dont deserve to have graduated (I feel like I should have stayed in uni because I know I know very little about the real world and the physical applications of my course) and if I could, i truly would have stayed for a few more semesters even if it means being delayed for graduation just to understand just what I want in life and if my course is even for me. Right now, its been almost a year since graduation and I spent that time seesawing back and forth into major depressive cycles and feeling of lostness while my batchmates got jobs, got their ish together and just - flourished. I really dont know where im going with this one, but yeah just, idk anymore sometimes. I wonder why the world made me graduate so fast when im ill fitted to be outside (and even for my undergraduate thesis, i feel like i was a burden to my partner then and still wonder how the heck did they make me pass). I feel like I shouldnt be here, I shouldnt have graduated, I should have stayed in school because there is so much more to learn but this pandemic robbed me of that learning space and time.

2
User Profile: Jaeteuk
Jaeteuk August 4th, 2021

Welcome to 7Cups, and this Student & Career Community, @bluembloom

This pandemic has made many people feel like school had been wasted and unreal (as it was all online). Many people need physical direction and guidance (no matter what grade/college/university they are in), to do well in their courses. Just know that each and everyone of us has our own paths in life. We all experience different things, and be impacted in all directions. I believe that things are meant to be, so be proud of yourself for graduating. Your batchmates are in a different chapter in their lives compared to yours. For them to find jobs, and you're studying for board exams, that is totally okay. After your board exams, another door will open for you. Take this time to refocus and tend to your mental needs.

We are all here for each other. I hope you can find some support within 7Cups~

User Profile: bluembloom
bluembloom OP August 6th, 2021

Thank you for replying and listening, its such a comfort as well as with your advice. Hopefully this sticks in my mind and head 💙

load more