What tips would you share with students needing to bounce back from a setback?
I believe grit trumps inteligence, over a longer period of time....there is actually proof of that...so, don
Problems or setbacks are normal. How you deal with them is an indicator of your future. Dealing with problems with a positive attitude sets you up for immediate and long term success.
@Tazzie I'd tell them to take some time for a bit of self care! You can't always be pushing at 100%, 100% of the time. That's how you burn out. It's important to keep yourself mentally and physically healthy in order to do your best, but don't beat yourself up if it doesn't always go your way. <3
Just be yourself. If someone tries to get you to do something you feel is not right, don't do it.
Take a break and then come back to whatever you're trying to do with a calmer perspective
@Tazzie
I would say that no matter what, your health is number one. School is really stressful, and sometimes we are so consumed by all the exams and homework that we forget to take care of ourselves. Although studies are important, your mental health is more so. Please make sure to take a break when you feel like it
Don't be too harsh on yourself! You got this.
@Tazzie A quick game of soccer would do the trick.😬
To focus on the future, it was a learning curve, and you'll know from now on, you have many opportunities ahead of you, and these things happen
I would tell them to take a deep breath and reach out to trusted adults and friends for study tips.
Grades and school isnt everything. They are just one way to measure success, and we all are successful in different ways. THey dont account for a large handful of variables from family to time to learning speed and learning strengths.
Focus on your strengths.
@LightDragon This is so true. I've learned more since leaving school than I ever did at school. University of life is a wonderful education.
