Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Need advice.

User Profile: unassumingChestnut1543
unassumingChestnut1543 September 28th

My grandparents are paying for my phone right now and my grandpa's saying that hes taking it away because I don't beleive in God. Everything is on my phone. And im not talking about all my social media and friends im talking about my life is literally tied to this phone.. everything I've signed up for gorges to an account that I only have access to on this phone. My college interveiws, my job applications, my highschool enrollment stuff.. I literally need ut for everything.

My grandpa said I need to figure my lofe out and get my life together and thats what im trying to do. Im finally getting somewhere and hes taking everything away from me like I didnt work hard to get here. I was an alcoholic, I was depressed I was stuck in my head for the longest time but im finally trying. Im trying to be better. Im trying to do something with my life and he just doesnt care. I dont have a job so I can't just go out and get a new phone. Plus he already turned my phone off, I thought he was gonna stop there..but no.

3
User Profile: Ednamius
Ednamius September 28th

@unassumingChestnut1543 hi,thank you for sharing this,it takes a lot of effort and courage!


And about what you said,it can indeed be terrifying to hear that your grandpa wants to take away your phone. Phones can mean a lot to us,and even help build identity,be our window to the external world and so much more. Losing them can feel like torture. If I were in your shoes,I would've felt the same...

And you're doing great,i'm so proud of you for fighting depression and not being an alcoholic anymore! That's an immense achievement,congratulations! But hearing that he doesn't care,even though your phone is something that helps you out is terrible,i'm so sorry to hear that. And if that wasn't enough,you're also stuck,you don't have a job and couldn't get a new phone on your own...

What do you think is the best thing you could do in these circumstances?
User Profile: unassumingChestnut1543
unassumingChestnut1543 OP September 28th

Idk..

That whay jm on jere.

Looking for advice.

load more

Wow, that's a really difficult position to be in, and I would be stressed too. I don't know you but I'm proud of you for breaking the cycle of alcoholism and depression. I hope soon you'll be able to regain access to your phone and continue as normal. Sending lots of love < 3