My body and physical health
I’ve been through so much with my body and health issues that it changed the way my body looks and functions. God brought me through it, but I’m still so sad that my body changed because I had FINALLY accepted it and then I ended up in the hospital on the verge of dying so I had to be cut open to remove the sepsis from my intestines. I’m not a spring chicken anymore so my body is still recovering even though it’s been over a year. And I feel so much more unattractive than I ever have before. It’s made me so underweight, I feel tired all the time and it’s affected my intimacy with my husband. I am grateful that the surgery saved my life but man everything is so different now. It’s feeling hopeless like I’ll never get that feeling back of finally accepting my body the way it is. I pray God gives me comfort and strength.
@thoughtfulLychee2386
Life seems to always be changing, and we need to find acceptance of our body/ lives and maybe limits too. I think the best approach for me is not to focus or want the past feelings or situations but embrace how it can be fulfilling in new ways.
Imo too many want things to be like it used to be, but new versions can be just as good or sometimes better. like remembering a fabulous meal..... our memory of it may have been in the moment and trying to recreate seems to never measure up.
Hello, thanks for sharing this on the forum. If you need to talk about it further, happy to listen to you. Now, let me clarify that bodily changes are normal, and most of the times, we notice our appearance way more than others do. It's painful though, so strength is necessary (The Lord makes my feet like the deer. He makes me tread on the heights - Habakkuk 3:17b). God will help you! You:LL come out as gold purified by the fire (as Job did). Lots of love and prayers 💕💕. God bless you!!!