Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Welcome to The Church Cares!

User Profile: Jamen1
Jamen1 July 7th, 2024

We see great potential for caring, supportive ministry through this community. 

22
User Profile: chromiumkid
chromiumkid October 17th, 2024

I am hopeful this forum will be open to those of us who have been hurt by church or organized religion. I have been in ministry for a long time and when I experienced legitimate burn out and took a sabbatical so I could attend biblical counseling and focus on Jesus, my church friends did not gather round me but quietly complained about me and slowly walked away from me. Only a handful are still my friends. This was spring of 2023 and I am still grieving this result from my burn out. It’s like they only loved me for what I could provide to them.

1 reply
User Profile: valtermitty
valtermitty November 14th, 2024

@chromiumkid Thank you for sharing this. Your story is near and dear to my heart, and it’s something I believe needs to be discussed more openly in Christian circles. Burnout, especially in ministry, is such a real struggle, and it’s painful to see the lack of support that sometimes comes when we need it most.

What are some insights or tips you’d recommend for others facing similar experiences? And if you could offer any advice for churches or friends supporting those going through burnout, what would that look like? I think many of us could benefit from learning how to handle this with more compassion and understanding.

load more
User Profile: nide12
nide12 January 21st, 2025

It sounds like a loving thing to do 

User Profile: nide12
nide12 January 27th, 2025

This sounds good

User Profile: WorkingitThrough2
WorkingitThrough2 March 27th, 2025

@Jamen1

I welcome you to this site. I think yjrtr is great potential for such a resource like this on the site.❤️

User Profile: CreativeKombucha
CreativeKombucha April 29th, 2025

@Jamen1

Hi, of all the years that I have known about 7Cups, I didn't know this existed

User Profile: SoulThought
SoulThought August 11th, 2025

@Jamen1 God's peace be with you all.