Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What Do You Wish People Knew About Your Mental Health

User Profile: LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS
LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS May 15th, 2025

image_1747309838.png

What Do You Wish People Knew About Your Mental Health

Living with mental health challenges sadly often means dealing with misconceptions or feeling misunderstood.

If you could tell others just one thing about your experience, what would it be?

Maybe it’s something people get wrong.
Maybe it’s something they never ask.
Maybe it’s what you wish someone had said to you or perhaps something else!

Please share below if you feel comfortable to do so. I look forward to reading your contributions and discussing such an important topic. 🌻

Feeling better starts with a single message. Check out my profile and reviews.
190
User Profile: cyanCherry449
cyanCherry449 July 27th, 2025

Body doesn't care how many self-help books have you read, what your mind knows, body cares about experiences. Body, conscious and unconscious mind play different. And in some cases the body remembers what mind doesn't.

I wish some people I was toxic to knew it, even though what they think is probably better for them. :o

I didn't know I've a problem till talking about my (any kind) relationships with my therapist, but thats not an excuse, I knew my behaviour is toxic and just hoped I'll change it. I didn't.

Most of the time when I was closer to you guys, I started ignoring you even I know it hurts. Sometimes when memories hit I cracked and was showing some care, but in gently small steps 👀 then ghosting again.

I wasn't confusing you, manipulating, playing with you or whatever, at least not on purpose. My unconscious mind tests if I can survive opening up. 👀✌️

It said often people are doing it unknowingly as a result of experiences after showing emotions in the past lol. My mind is like "when you don't know me, maybe you can't hurt me."

So it's not a personality. 👀 And at least I'm aware of it now.

User Profile: cyanCherry449
cyanCherry449 July 27th, 2025

It's not that I don't have any feelings for you, doesn't matter what kind of relationship we have. I just can't express my emotions or talk about it.

User Profile: Lindsey103
Lindsey103 July 27th, 2025

They always say, "Reach out when you need help."
But when you finally do… you start to realize how hard it really is to find it.
Support isn’t always there not the kind people deserve.

What happens when you want help, but you can’t work because your mind is too heavy, too broken to function?
When you're trying so hard to reach out, but you don’t have health insurance…
When you don’t have the money to even start healing?

Therapy costs money.
Medication costs money.
A psychiatrist money.

It’s cruel, really. The system says, “Get help,” but builds a wall you can’t climb unless you can pay.

And the most painful part?
Even as you're drowning, you know that therapists and psychiatrists deserve so much more than what they’re paid.
You don’t blame them you admire them.
But how can something so necessary, so life-saving, feel so far out of reach?

4 replies
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 July 27th, 2025

@Lindsey103

I can understand your frustration and would wish that therapeutic support would be free for everyone in this world. Sadly, this is not the case at this time. I hope that the free support here will help you though.

This is a link which shows you a few options you have on the site to get support https://www.7cups.com/forum/7CupsOnlineTherapy_157/Resources_2155/7cupsTherapySubcomResourceSummaryPageUpdated142022_267900/

3 replies
User Profile: Lindsey103
Lindsey103 July 27th, 2025

@amiablePeace77

Thank you!!

2 replies
User Profile: LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS
LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP July 31st, 2025

@Lindsey103

I am so sorry to hear you feel this way and I totally understand. It is a really fair summary of how tough it can be to find accessible therapy and mental healthcare. This is why 7 Cups exists and we have so many listeners, subcommunities (like Ami mentioned. Thank you Ami!) and we try to bridge the gap. I hope you can reach out here as there really is always someone hear to listen. 

Take care of yourself!

Feeling better starts with a single message. Check out my profile and reviews.
1 reply
User Profile: Lindsey103
Lindsey103 July 31st, 2025

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

Thank you so much for your understanding and kind words. It really does feel like such an uphill battle trying to access proper support sometimes, so knowing there are spaces like this and people who genuinely care makes a big difference. I’ll definitely try to reach out more just having a place where people listen without judgment already helps more than you know. Thank you again for taking the time to say this❤️

load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: naturesbeauty1234
naturesbeauty1234 July 27th, 2025
Hello I'm Stevie.. one thing i would love to say is that not everyone is the same when it comes to their mental health, i have BPD and I too get judgement from people that don't know the whole me! Right away they perceive me in a light that i can't hide from but I know that everyday I strive to be the best person I can be towards everyone and everything
2 replies
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 July 27th, 2025

@naturesbeauty1234

It's hard when you have to put up with such judgment! Sadly, there is a lot of stigmas around mental illness. I hope you find the support you need here. 

This is a link to the 7cups Personality Disorder Support Community. It might help to read how others are coping with similar situations. 

User Profile: LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS
LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP July 31st, 2025

@naturesbeauty1234

It is so encouraging to hear how despite the judgement you keep moving forwards and I really hope you continue to do this. You are doing such tremendous work on your own personal growth and don't let judgements hold you back. You are not your diagnosis :) 

Feeling better starts with a single message. Check out my profile and reviews.
load more
User Profile: eternalHero77
eternalHero77 September 6th, 2025

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

That I worked hard on my mental health to get to where I am today

3 replies
User Profile: LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS
LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP September 9th, 2025

@eternalHero77

This is amazing and you are working so hard on your mental health which shows how much you are trying to take care of yourself! :) 

Feeling better starts with a single message. Check out my profile and reviews.
2 replies
User Profile: eternalHero77
eternalHero77 September 11th, 2025

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS It can be tough some days but with determination and consistency it can work. 

1 reply
User Profile: LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS
LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP September 11th, 2025

@eternalHero77

I know it can be but you are doing such a great job at making it consistent and you're so right, consistency is key. 

Feeling better starts with a single message. Check out my profile and reviews.
load more
load more
load more