Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What Do You Wish People Knew About Your Mental Health

User Profile: LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS
LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS May 15th, 2025

image_1747309838.png

What Do You Wish People Knew About Your Mental Health

Living with mental health challenges sadly often means dealing with misconceptions or feeling misunderstood.

If you could tell others just one thing about your experience, what would it be?

Maybe it’s something people get wrong.
Maybe it’s something they never ask.
Maybe it’s what you wish someone had said to you or perhaps something else!

Please share below if you feel comfortable to do so. I look forward to reading your contributions and discussing such an important topic. 🌻

Feeling better starts with a single message. Check out my profile and reviews.
190
User Profile: TellaTubby2009
TellaTubby2009 May 16th, 2025

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS Me smiling is not for my own happiness, but for the people around me to not worry. Just because I'm smiling doesn't mean I'm fine. 

1 reply
User Profile: LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS
LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP May 16th, 2025

@TellaTubby2009

I truly wish you were feeling fine but I know sometimes we can mask for others and just know it shows just how much you care about everyone else. Just don't forget you in this process. 

Feeling better starts with a single message. Check out my profile and reviews.
load more
User Profile: taustin11205
taustin11205 May 16th, 2025

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

Any person of all ages experience these issues!!!

2 replies
User Profile: LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS
LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP May 16th, 2025

@taustin11205

This is so true!! I 100% agree and it doesn't matter how old we are, our backgrounds, our education etc, we all experience mental health challenges. 

Feeling better starts with a single message. Check out my profile and reviews.
load more
User Profile: tiredlittleguy
tiredlittleguy May 16th, 2025

I wish more people understood how difficult it can be to find the right medication, and that choosing a different way to medicate after so many different prescribed medications have failed or even made it worse doesn't make me a bad person. We're all unique and throwing random SSRI's at everyone who comes in depressed is a blanket approach that leaves much to be desired and it can make us feel like the doctors don't really listen.

1 reply
User Profile: LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS
LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP May 21st, 2025

@tiredlittleguy

I can hear you just want to be heard without feeling like you are giving medication without there being a space to talk about your feelings. This makes a lot of sense and I hope that whatever treatment route you choose to take that you continue to talk about your feelings too. 

Feeling better starts with a single message. Check out my profile and reviews.
load more
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 May 17th, 2025

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

I would like them to know that I am more than just my struggles. I cry but so do I laugh. I'm hurt but I'm also happy. I have been broken but I can also be strong. Nothing I have been through defines me and nothing I have been through is all that I am 🥰💜

5 replies
User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 May 17th, 2025

This sounds so perfect <3

1 reply
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 May 20th, 2025

@jesusredeemedme2425 thank you 💜🥰

load more
User Profile: LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS
LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP May 21st, 2025

@Amanda84

Amazing :) I love how hopeful and inspiring this message is. I am so sure it is going to bring a lot of hope to others. You are not defined by your problems or experiences and we all go through different journeys but it isn't what makes us as a whole the person we are. 

Feeling better starts with a single message. Check out my profile and reviews.
1 reply
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 May 21st, 2025

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS thank you 🥰💜

load more
load more
User Profile: raspberry563
raspberry563 May 17th, 2025

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

The best thing that happened to me recently was when I was deep in thought about something already blaming myself for something I couldn't control before my parents blame me, and a friend who saw me said "are you okay" andi gave a really convincing smile and said yes and replied "liar". 

  I would've fallen into his arms if not for the people around us then.

3 replies
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 May 20th, 2025

@raspberry563 we need to be seen 💜🥰

User Profile: LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS
LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP May 21st, 2025

@raspberry563

Feeling that sense of knowing someone knows how you really feel even when you say otherwise is so powerful and moving!

Feeling better starts with a single message. Check out my profile and reviews.
load more
User Profile: Courageisthekey
Courageisthekey May 17th, 2025

Just try to understand what it means, the every word I say

It's not only about mental health but also everything

When I say something, they should atleast put effort on what I'm feeling instead of judging on their own and speak words which hurt

1 reply
User Profile: LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS
LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP May 21st, 2025

@Courageisthekey

Feeling judged when you share how you feel can really make someone shut down and not express how they feel, so I hope you find those around you who make you feel supported. 

Feeling better starts with a single message. Check out my profile and reviews.
load more
User Profile: turtlestar1234
turtlestar1234 May 17th, 2025

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

I wish people knew how very real mental health struggles are, and that I need compassion, inclusion, and understanding rather than dismissal, exclusion, smear campaigns, and people leaning into their own comfort. 

1 reply
User Profile: Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Sunisshiningandsoareyou June 27th, 2025

@turtlestar1234

One where everyone agrees! You've highlighted such a critical point: mental health struggles are profoundly real. They aren't something to be hidden or "gotten over."

What you and anyone else absolutely deserve and need is compassion, inclusion, and genuine understanding. Your experiences are valid, and it's incredibly brave of you to articulate this wish so clearly. I hope you are met with gentle kindness and genuine understanding! 💛

load more
User Profile: fossilfellow
fossilfellow May 17th, 2025

I wish people would ask me how I'm feeling, I wish people knew I'm not what I look like I have done wrong with people who trusts me... I always feel fake about my feelings and myself to others, I always laugh things off with friends and always am in a light mood when surrounded by my friends but I wish they would sometime see through my fakeness about being okay I wish they knew what things I've been through online with no judgements... And it's my fault for not being open with anyone about my personal life...and trauma I don't know even if I should call it trauma because I choose to let myself in it. I fear judgement a lot and feel like I don't deserve to be helped by anyone... =(

1 reply
User Profile: LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS
LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP May 21st, 2025

@fossilfellow

I hear you want to be seen and heard even if you pretend to be okay and that makes a lot of sense too. What would it look like to you to feel like people tried to understand your situation? 

Feeling better starts with a single message. Check out my profile and reviews.
load more
User Profile: GreenLime3141
GreenLime3141 May 18th, 2025

Frankly I just want the people around me to know my diagnosis and also know that I want them to talk to me about it and ask any questions they have.

1 reply
User Profile: LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS
LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP May 21st, 2025

@GreenLime3141

I hear how you want people to ask about your diagnosis and that would show that they were truly interested. Sometimes people might be afraid to upset you so instead they do not ask. Sometimes a discussion can help so they have clear expectations and so you can hopefully receive the support that you need. :) 

Feeling better starts with a single message. Check out my profile and reviews.
load more
User Profile: sunflowersandstars91246
sunflowersandstars91246 May 18th, 2025

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

i wish that people knew about the invalidation and doubt that comes with it. you're always like "I know that something is wrong with me" "I have a clear reason to feel this way", but you hear about people going through worse and then you're immediately doubting whether your struggles are even real. I don't know about other people and this will sound stupid but i always feel like I'm faking it, even though that's literally not possible? its just confusing 

1 reply
User Profile: LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS
LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP May 21st, 2025

@sunflowersandstars91246

It is all about what we are going through, we all experience struggles very differently and sometimes it can help if we be kind to ourselves. If we give ourselves the space to validate our own struggles without minimising them or comparing them it can be useful. 

Feeling better starts with a single message. Check out my profile and reviews.
load more