Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Icebreaker - childhood favorite movies

User Profile: Desmynn6789
Desmynn6789 April 13th, 2022

Hi everyone ❤️! Today’s post is going to be about our favorite childhood movies. When we were young, we may have watched a lot of movies and some of them may have had a great effect on us.


  • What movie was one you wanted to watch over and over again?


  • What made it so compelling?


  • Do you still watch it today?





For me, a movie I wanted to watch over and over again was Milan. It was compelling because I love seeing the main character become a warrior and I wanted to become one myself. Additionally, I do still watch it today because I still find the movie fun to watch. What about you?


I look forward to seeing all of your childhood favorite movies 😊!

54
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings April 13th, 2022

@Desmynn6789

  • What movie was one you wanted to watch over and over again? Old Yeller was one I liked as a child.


  • What made it so compelling? As I remember it it was a very sad movie.


1 reply
User Profile: Desmynn6789
Desmynn6789 OP April 26th, 2022

@soulsings, Old Yeller sounds like a great movie. I just watched the trailer and I am interested in watching it someday.

load more
User Profile: AveryLove
AveryLove April 13th, 2022

@Desmynn6789 i looovved watching Arielle the Mermaid as a child, it was one of my favourite movies. i think what made it so compelling to me was that i loved princesses in general but further was always so fascinated by the ocean and sea life. i havent watched it in like, 12 years i guess?? your post actually made me want to watch it again sometime soon 😊

1 reply
User Profile: lilowl30
lilowl30 April 21st, 2022

Yes! The little mermaid was also my favorite. I wanted to be just like her. I would swim as a kid and pretend i was a mermaid. Such wonderful memories.

User Profile: Desmynn6789
Desmynn6789 OP April 26th, 2022

Hi @AveryLove, I am glad that my post made you want to watch Ariel the Little Mermaid again. When I was younger, I used to also love the movie and I even still have cups with Ariel on them from when I was a kid. I wanted to live under the sea just like her and I even pretended to be her by creating a fish tail and putting it over my legs. Thank you for sharing 💕

load more
User Profile: CynthiaStockerLCSWLICSW
CynthiaStockerLCSWLICSW April 15th, 2022

@Desmynn6789

My favorite movie as a child was “The Incredible Journey”. I loved that all the animals tried to stick together. Even though they were separated, they eventually found their way back. I think I was so compelled to it because I loved animals and happy endings. Even though the idea of them making it home seemed unlikely we were all rooting for them. The adventures they had made the movie even more fantastic. I have not watched the movie in many years.

1 reply
User Profile: Desmynn6789
Desmynn6789 OP April 26th, 2022

Hi @CynthiaStockerLCSWLICSW, I have never heard of “The Incredible Journey” movie, however based on your description it sounds like an interesting movie to watch. I especially like how you mentioned that there were adventures involved in the movie and I am a fan of adventure movies 😊.

load more
April 15th, 2022

Aladdin


If I don't have Prince Ali or A Whole New a World stuck in my head at least every other day something is wrong

2 replies
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings April 16th, 2022

@Sn0r1ax I loved Aladdin. That is a great movie.

User Profile: Mashedpotato364
Mashedpotato364 April 21st, 2022

Excellent songs! I need to watch again

load more
User Profile: LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS
LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS April 18th, 2022

What a great thread!

Aladdin was my favourite movie that I watched over and over with my brother. I loved the Genie in Aladdin and was always a big fan of Robin Williams and any movie which he was starring in! I still continue to watch it from time to time with my own family.

Feeling better starts with a single message. Check out my profile and reviews.
1 reply
User Profile: GiGi52
GiGi52 April 20th, 2022

Aladdin was my son's favorite movie. I loved the music in it. My favorite movie as a child was The Wizard of Oz. I could watch that movie over and over again. My three favorite characters were Dorothy, the Good Witch and Cowardly Lion. I always was scared when the tornado hit and closed my eyes but opened them when Dorothy landed in Oz and met her three new friends.

load more
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 April 19th, 2022

@Desmynn6789

Sorry for the late reply Desmynn6789.

  • What movie was one you wanted to watch over and over again? I loved watching Lassie
  • What made it so compelling? The beautiful relationship between the dog and the boy timmy and the exciting experiences they had
  • Do you still watch it today? No, today I prefer (example) to watch documentaries about other countries
2 replies
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings April 19th, 2022

@amiablePeace77 I loved watching Lassie. I think in US it was on on Sunday nights. Great story lines.

1 reply
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 April 19th, 2022

@soulsings

Soul I think it was either on Saturday or Sunday afternoons where I lived but I was always looking forward to it.

load more
load more
User Profile: Person94
Person94 April 19th, 2022

well i didn't grow up with a tv so i couldn't watch much of it but when i was around 10 i moved here and i was finally able to watch it. i remember being obsessed with ariel and cinderella and the winx club. also i love mulan too. i am such a big fan of the show 'once upon a time' that was my favorite portrayal of mulan to be honest. i also loved merida in that show too. and of course snow white and her daughter.

1 reply
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 April 21st, 2022

@Person94

There were so many good movies! I can totally relate to "Once upon a time", loved to watch it!


load more
User Profile: here2022
here2022 April 19th, 2022

Lion King.

It was Simon and Pumba who made it magical with their phrase Akuma Matata. I still watch it today.

2 replies
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 April 21st, 2022

@here2022

I think some movies can be watched over and over again and yes "No worries" (lion king)

User Profile: Mashedpotato364
Mashedpotato364 April 21st, 2022

This movie is my favorite Disney soundtrack!

load more
User Profile: sunflow
sunflow April 19th, 2022

Love Mulan! Well, one for me is Titanic. I literally watched as a child for the first time. But I do remember how it blew me away, and still manages to blew me away. It wasnt my first movie, but I do believe its my favourite or one of my favs. I just feel such a bond with this movie. I remember going to blockbuster, back at the time, asking my Dad to buy the whole cassette videos. Then I remember purchasing the original CD myself lol. Its been a couple years since I didnt watched it all over again until earlier this year. There is just something about it, means a lot to me.

3 replies
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings April 20th, 2022

@sunflow thanks for sharing. TItanic is a story that has been told many times. I remember when I first saw it in black and white so that was in the 50's .

I never watched Mulan but I love Disney movies.

1 reply
User Profile: sunflow
sunflow April 20th, 2022

Indeed! I feel very connected to the real story as well, for some reason. Thank you for sharing as well!

You should give Mulan a try!

load more
User Profile: Mashedpotato364
Mashedpotato364 April 21st, 2022

Titanic was so compelling as a kid! I had the double tape VHS lol I think I liked it so much because Kate was able to get away from her controlling family/fiance and find someone who she could really have fun with.

load more
User Profile: BelleAmeNel
BelleAmeNel April 20th, 2022

The lion king losing his father was sad but he had to figure himself out just to come back to his family

1 reply
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 April 21st, 2022

@BelleAmeNel

A very touching scene, it teaches a lot about grieving.

load more