A letter I wrote to my past abusers (and I meant it). I thought it might help some of you
Something that I've realised relatviely recently: I want to thank you guys who are on here whom have hurt me (intentionally or not) Whether I was a child,teen or adult, whether we are family, previous friends, partners, or just barely knew each other. Whether you beat me,harrassed me, publicly embarassed me,lied and/or betrayed me in any other way, or just dismissed me.Because of you, I became an angry distant addict who wanted nothing but to be a loner and hurt others,as I thought it was the inevitable thing that people did to each other,so why not join em if you cant beat them? But when I realised how far from my path I strayed due to my hurt, I became a better person than ever,as now I know both sides of the story; the victim and the offender. I also realise that now that not everything is black and white,nor are people. However, the world is a confusing place for all people not just "victims" and because of these experiences and traumas you put me through I have become a more knowledable,less judgemental, and empathetic person towards all. And you are partly why I do what I do now, helping those in dire straights. Because of my pain , I dont think i can experience worse,plus i understand pain to the deepest depths. and can empathize and nothing more will affect me,I dont believe. So in short, thanks for the misery, as it has caused me to have much more emotional resileince then ever,plus i have turned it in a way to help and understand others.
@AWorldofPeaceandHope Hi!
It sounds by what you've written that you've been through some very hard things from people that has definitely hurt you in more than one way. I know how you feel, and it's very heart warming to read how you've took all that to feel better and growth!
I just wanted to comment that when I was 12 years old, not long after my family found out about the sexual abuse I was facing, - perhaps a year later, I told my mother something that I don't regret a bit and that she used to make me something super sweet for my high school graduation:
"I don't regret anything I went through, because I am who I am thanks to the good and bad things that happened to me. I wouldn't change it, because I'm happy with who I am."
So if you can look back to it now, and say you've learned from all that, took all that anger and made it into something better, then you can be happy because you are your awesome self, and that should be enough.