Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I dont feel safe: My brother wants to kill me

User Profile: GPulido
GPulido February 23rd, 2017

I have mayor depressive disorder and while I was at a really low point my brother would get frustrated that I wasn't doing anything and would threathen me or my dog and say he was going to kill both of us or he would lash out and choke me or insult me.

Right now even though I'm still relatively low I'm trying really hard to do things, I started going to the gym and taking classes three days a week. And this started making my brother jealous and aggressive.

I try to avoid him as much as posibble and be very very discrete about the few achievements that I have because if I say that I did well at the gym or I liked something I did he will lash out at me.

Last week he told me a joke and I didn't get it and he got really mad at me and started shoving me around, then he dropped the eggs and I said that it was fine and I was gonna clean it and he Threw the frying pan at me ans started yelling that he hated me cause I was the good sibling so I ran to my room and he banged on my door and yelled that he was going to murder me for about an hour and ended up breaking my door. (I hid in the bathroom with my dog so he didnt get me)

I try to avoid him as much as posible and try not to talk or laugh when hes around but I don't feel safe anymore and I can't get away from him.

What should I do? Is the best to just keep trying to make myself invisible and try not to be alone with him? I can't aproach anyone for help and I live in a very isolated place. Im very tired of this sotuation and i feel hopeless...

9
User Profile: bunnypants
bunnypants February 23rd, 2017

@GPulido sounds about right. it only took me five years to start to get over the panic attack every time i heard a noise that could possibly be someone at the door. frown'

the less exposure you have to this behaviour, the better, but i'm sure you know that.

i could tell you what not to do, but that wouldn't be terribly appropriate and would only end up giving you ideas frown'

User Profile: crimsonMelon8700
crimsonMelon8700 February 24th, 2017

I am sorry that you are going through this.

User Profile: crimsonMelon8700
crimsonMelon8700 March 16th, 2017

I am sorry that you are going through this.

User Profile: carefulLychee723
carefulLychee723 June 12th, 2017

I hope that things get better.

User Profile: aquaBalloon1299
aquaBalloon1299 June 24th, 2017

I am sorry that you are going through this. You h safe.ave the right to feel da

User Profile: pauliengen
pauliengen July 11th, 2017

Hi

Really feel sympathetic of you. By your message, it is clear that he is such an aggressive fellow. Was there any incident that he physically assaulted you? What is your parents doing ? Arent they aware of it ? If he tries to do something that can harm your health , it is better you take a legal support or consult a domestic assault lawyer. Because that situation can be dangerous or you make him consult a counsellor or such sort of related helps. That will be the only solution if you cannot deal with him anymore .

User Profile: ambitiousTalker2046
ambitiousTalker2046 July 13th, 2017

You have the right to feel safe.