Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Sharing all the ways his emotional abuse has damaged me

User Profile: seekingpeacetoday
seekingpeacetoday June 17th, 2017

All of the ways the abuse has damaged me.

-lowered my self esteem

-caused me to doubt my intelligence

-caused me to doubt my self worth

-caused me to be ashamed of my sexuality

-caused me to no longer enjoy sex or touching

-caused me to be isolated: losing friends, not talking to mom about what he does

-caused me to feel un-loveable

-caused me to attempt to choke myself

-caused me to contemplate the best way to commit suicide

-caused me to feel anxious at all times, not just new social situations

-caused me to lose my joy for life

-caused me to be feel numb

-caused me to feel majorly depressed

10
User Profile: Anomalia
Anomalia June 19th, 2017

@seekingpeacetoday - I think being able to recognize those things is a really big step and I'm proud of you for sharing them here. You listed them as past tense - do you feel like those things are still affecting you or are you on a path to come back from them? Wishing you well

User Profile: carefulLychee723
carefulLychee723 June 22nd, 2017

I understand.

User Profile: aquaBalloon1299
aquaBalloon1299 June 24th, 2017

I am sorry that you are going through this.

User Profile: Monkeyloverkjm
Monkeyloverkjm July 5th, 2017

I suffer from severe mental health problems which makes life extremely hard to begin with. I am also a single mother of 5 and have a grandson. I am currently going through the same thing that you did, but it's not only emotional. When he drinks he does sometimes get physical. I've tried to leave a few times but he always suckers me back in.

User Profile: Debbby
Debbby July 9th, 2017

I'm sorry he has done and made you feel all those ways. I too understand the things you have shared.

User Profile: ambitiousTalker2046
ambitiousTalker2046 July 13th, 2017

I understand.