Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

A Raven's Eye

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven March 13th, 2018

This is simply to open my "page" or diary. I may not write here for a bit.

~SpruceRaven

764
User Profile: lonelyandsickFede
lonelyandsickFede April 3rd, 2018

@SpruceRaven

Hi! No, it's ok, don't worry about it :) I'll wait!

"Big feathered hugs, the rich scent of spruce and the sound of the sea"

aww.. I love that! :)

edited by Rain45 Doesnt comply with trauma guidelines

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 3rd, 2018

running late

@lonelyandsickFede

Hi dear friend Fede. I am running behind....so sorry. I will definitely still ve writing you at length today...both at the Lobrary and when I get home and into the late evening.

I guess i am just a bit discombobulated.. ......perhaps even grief struck. Please forgive it. Don't be offended.

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 4th, 2018

@lonelyandsickFede

on my way to sit and write and talk with you.

There may be a hiccup re my profile and flying away. Hoping it can be resolved. more soon on thst and other things.

My heart still feels very uncertain...in many ways. I shouldn't whine though. YOU are so brave in how you choose to handle things. I want to tall about that too!

Featherrd hugs and bright-eyed rwven gazes to you.

User Profile: lonelyandsickFede
lonelyandsickFede April 4th, 2018

@SpruceRaven

Don't worry, take your time :) I'll wait here

Many hugs heart

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 4th, 2018

💓💓💞💖💗💝💥

@lonelyandsickFede

User Profile: lonelyandsickFede
lonelyandsickFede April 4th, 2018

@SpruceRaven

Oh, hi! I thought you were busy.

💖❤💖❤💖❤

🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 4th, 2018

@lonelyandsickFede

just about to sit down and write to you. 💛💜❣

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 4th, 2018

Today's weather.... just to start.

@lonelyandsickFede

Hi there! It has been snowing and windy since mid-morning today. It continues to paint the world in sideways slashes of white on white, while softening the edges of things at a distance; seen through a soft fog of grey. It was surprising in a way, as everything had begun to melt and it looked as if we were headed towards spring. Beautiful, though, as always. And of course, my dog is quite happy to have fresh snow to roll in, and to eat with delight off the ground.

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 4th, 2018

The beauty and art and wonderous creativity and gifts of Italy

@lonelyandsickFede

I love it that you know so much about and value all the artisans and beauty-makers of your own country and culture. At one point I studied the Renaissance and Middle Ages rather extensively, and I too would love to go back and be in the midst of what seemed to be an endless tapestry of creativity no matter where one look and where that creativity and expression; that explorations of the intangibles was so highly valued and supported. I am more familar with painters and sculptors from Italy, than I am with poets. Being a poet myself, I would adore to know and read the work of Italian poets and creative writers. Who can you recommend to me?

Of course Romanticism and connection to Nature are things that also resonate with me deeply. :-D heart

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 4th, 2018

Flying Away & the Importance of Names

Your lovely poem and sunset Raven pic

@lonelyandsickFede

I copied out both your lovely poem and the wondrous picture of the gorgeous black Raven, flying against a deep burnt orange sky and marigold Sun at sunset. They are both deeply held, heart-treasures to me, and I will keep them always. They are treasures many-fold over as well, because of all the time and effort you put into creating them (and I know how precious your time and energy are), and also because you surprised me with them! Thank you again. It continues to mean so very much to me. As does your friendship. You have healed me in so many ways, as well as encouraged me. And beyond all the selfish "me-ness".... I'm just so delighted to meet you and continue to get to know you. You have such a rich complexity to you, and a depth of heart and core of strength and integrity that is rare indeed.

-------''----''-----'''----

I know that I shared with you about the Raven who lives in a Spruce tree near my house, and how he sometimes follows me about. The ocean isn't too far away from my house (across the road there is a trail, and then about 1,000 meters on there is a road that goes down the bluff to a long narrow expanse of beach). This means, unless there is a great deal of ice built up, and as long as it's daylight, I can often go for a walk along the water with my girl. I guess I mentioned that because sometimes he even follows us to the beach, and seems to keep track of us as we meander along. laughheart So that is a big portion of the significance of the SpruceRaven tag-name, and my profile pic is of that self-same Raven.

And there is more significance to my choices. Which I will put into the next post.