Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

A Raven's Eye

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven March 13th, 2018

This is simply to open my "page" or diary. I may not write here for a bit.

~SpruceRaven

764
User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 4th, 2018

Flying Away & the Importance of Names

Your lovely poem and sunset Raven pic

@lonelyandsickFede

I copied out both your lovely poem and the wondrous picture of the gorgeous black Raven, flying against a deep burnt orange sky and marigold Sun at sunset. They are both deeply held, heart-treasures to me, and I will keep them always. They are treasures many-fold over as well, because of all the time and effort you put into creating them (and I know how precious your time and energy are), and also because you surprised me with them! Thank you again. It continues to mean so very much to me. As does your friendship. You have healed me in so many ways, as well as encouraged me. And beyond all the selfish "me-ness".... I'm just so delighted to meet you and continue to get to know you. You have such a rich complexity to you, and a depth of heart and core of strength and integrity that is rare indeed.

-------''----''-----'''----

I know that I shared with you about the Raven who lives in a Spruce tree near my house, and how he sometimes follows me about. The ocean isn't too far away from my house (across the road there is a trail, and then about 1,000 meters on there is a road that goes down the bluff to a long narrow expanse of beach). This means, unless there is a great deal of ice built up, and as long as it's daylight, I can often go for a walk along the water with my girl. I guess I mentioned that because sometimes he even follows us to the beach, and seems to keep track of us as we meander along. So that is a big portion of the significance of the SpruceRaven tag-name, and my profile pic is of that self-same Raven.
And there is more significance to my choices. As you know, I often see Ravens wherever I go, and I take it as a good sign when I do. The Ravens here are HUGE--- with long glossy black obsidian beaks, and a bright, all-knowing and mischevious gaze.

Also in the Celtic Irish tradition Spruce trees are about foresight and being able to take the long view. And Ravens...espec in the local Tlingit and Haida cultures are both about creation and adaptability and having to stay on one's toes. Ravens in the Lakota Sioux tradition are about Sacred Law...the higher law of integrity and one's core principles.

I like it, too, that as I've been here as SpruceRaven that all sorts of other lovely things have come into being: Feathery hugs; leaving feathers and spruce needles along the way; the scent of Spruce; the idea of a nest, and feathering it. The freedom of flight and the rootedness of trees.

It is another reason I will be sad to leave that tag-name behind. Though I guess I'll carry it with me. And It really does mean the world to me that YOU saw a place a for me here: a place to rest, to have my nest and find my Spruce; a place to be seen and be safe; to grow and to share and to heal. I definitely still feel all that richness in my connection with you and with some of my Listeners.

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 4th, 2018

Flying Away & the Importance of Names

Your lovely poem and sunset Raven pic

@lonelyandsickFede

I copied out both your lovely poem and the wondrous picture of the gorgeous black Raven, flying against a deep burnt orange sky and marigold Sun at sunset. They are both deeply held, heart-treasures to me, and I will keep them always. They are treasures many-fold over as well, because of all the time and effort you put into creating them (and I know how precious your time and energy are), and also because you surprised me with them! Thank you again. It continues to mean so very much to me. As does your friendship. You have healed me in so many ways, as well as encouraged me. And beyond all the selfish "me-ness".... I'm just so delighted to meet you and continue to get to know you. You have such a rich complexity to you, and a depth of heart and core of strength and integrity that is rare indeed.

-------''----''-----'''----

I know that I shared with you about the Raven who lives in a Spruce tree near my house, and how he sometimes follows me about. The ocean isn't too far away from my house (across the road there is a trail, and then about 1,000 meters on there is a road that goes down the bluff to a long narrow expanse of beach). This means, unless there is a great deal of ice built up, and as long as it's daylight, I can often go for a walk along the water with my girl. I guess I mentioned that because sometimes he even follows us to the beach, and seems to keep track of us as we meander along. So that is a big portion of the significance of the SpruceRaven tag-name, and my profile pic is of that self-same Raven.
And there is more significance to my choices. As you know, I often see Ravens wherever I go, and I take it as a good sign when I do. The Ravens here are HUGE--- with long glossy black obsidian beaks, and a bright, all-knowing and mischevious gaze.

Also in the Celtic Irish tradition Spruce trees are about foresight and being able to take the long view. And Ravens...espec in the local Tlingit and Haida cultures are both about creation and adaptability and having to stay on one's toes. Ravens in the Lakota Sioux tradition are about Sacred Law...the higher law of integrity and one's core principles.

I like it, too, that as I've been here as SpruceRaven that all sorts of other lovely things have come into being: Feathery hugs; leaving feathers and spruce needles along the way; the scent of Spruce; the idea of a nest, and feathering it. The freedom of flight and the rootedness of trees.

It is another reason I will be sad to leave that tag-name behind. Though I guess I'll carry it with me. And It really does mean the world to me that YOU saw a place a for me here: a place to rest, to have my nest and find my Spruce; a place to be seen and be safe; to grow and to share and to heal. I definitely still feel all that richness in my connection with you and with some of my Listeners.

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 4th, 2018

oops Multiple posts.

@lonelyandsickFedeblush

1 reply
User Profile: lonelyandsickFede
lonelyandsickFede April 4th, 2018

@SpruceRaven

Aww. Don't worry about it :) I'm too focused on reading your precious words anyway.

Not really replying yet, but I want you to know I'm here, listening quietly.

Also.. I wanna hug you. So......... MANY MANY HUGS!!! heart

load more
User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 4th, 2018

Portugal , coffee and more

@lonelyandsickFede

Well, I hear you re so much Sugar. I was always pretty amazed by it; especially since he had MANY such cups throughout the day! laughcheeky He was a very good friend, and I have often wondered if there could be any way to reconnect with him, and if the friendship would still be there if I did.

I know how we both love names and the depth of meaning that can be found in them. Did I tell you about my dog-family before Angel? There's a fun story or two though about her when I first adopted her: She had these huge ears, and so when the sun was very bright, her shadow would look like the outline of a Coyote (which were native to the Southwestern U.S., where we were living at the time). Also, sometimes at night she would go outside and play with the wild coyotes that came down out of the hills. :-D This was very unusual as coyotes usually attack domesticated dogs, or vice versa.

Soooo.... I thought wouldn't it be cool to name her Yoti, (short for Coyote). Plus she was the best hiking and traveling companion-- so happy to wander and explore with me. And of course, Coyotes are great wanderers and explorers themselves. :-))) heart

The only problem was .... the entire time that was her name, she was the worst-behaved dog in the world! surprise At first, I thought it must just be timing --e.g. her being young, and also just getting used to me after having been a street-dog. So I did an experiment. I changed her name to Schoeni.... and while still very independent, and a bit head-strong (we were alot alike that way ;->>).. she became much more even and sweet. After a month of being Schoeni, I changed her name back to Yoti..... and back came this holy terror of a dog. We stayed with Yoti for a month. Then I changed it back to Schoeni.... and sweetness befell the land (and household) once again. Lol

So I had to decide: Keep the cool name (and the Tasmanian Devil-like attitude that came with it), OR.... go with Schoeni and have a bit more of an even keel. And thus, Schoeni she became. :-0 I still love that name Yoti though, and keep looking for a place I can use it. heart

Edited by Rain45 Does not comply with Trauma Guidelines on Posting. Please do not block out your writing using highlighting to disguise using names and indicating about meeting up or maintaining contact. Please post appropriately in this forum. The safety of our members is of paramount importance

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 4th, 2018

Your lovely hugs! heartheart

@lonelyandsickFede

Thank you EVER so MUCH! I can feel them from here, and it's just fabulous!!!

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 5th, 2018

A Brief pause and posting photos here & other Tech

@loneleyandsickFede

Hey. Just pausing for a sec to see if I have a pic of Angel on Imgur. If so,I will try to send it. I do need to also go back and copy out what you told me about posting pictures here. It was so odd that I was successful with the frozen lake picture and yet not with the Eventide picture nor the the sunset picture. I put all of them on the same Imgur account, and yet only the one came through as an immediately visibile pic instead of just the Imgur link. I definitely need to copy out those instructions for later use. You are so awesome to help me out that way. And with the emojis too (obviously I haven't uploaded or downloaded those yet, but I shall).

This is another reason I asked for them to hold off till the 6th: not only so I could talk longer with you, but also so that I could copy off some things I've written, and that you've written so I have them to look at later. As well as to copy off some resources I've found and/or shared elsewhere on this site.

At a minimum..... I should at least be able to give you the link if not the immediate picture. :-D (In terms of Schoeni-pics) I only have two that I sent to Imgur.... and they are photos of photos..... so may not have very good resolution.

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 5th, 2018

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 5th, 2018

Snow-Angel❄????

edited by Rain45 Does not comply with trauma guidelines on posting and takes members to outside account information. When using imgur you must use the direct link only. No other link is permitted.

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 5th, 2018

(Sigh).

Well the link above was taken just yesterday. How do I fix it agsin? I pastes the URL in after choosing the Image icon.... but it still only.posted as the link and not the pictures themselves. ...sorry to be so dense 😩😶😛🙃😒

1 reply
User Profile: lonelyandsickFede
lonelyandsickFede April 5th, 2018

@SpruceRaven

Ah, don't worry :) I already saw the adorable photos

load more
User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 5th, 2018

earlier pics of Angel

edited by Rain45 For not complying with Trauma Community Guidelines on posting and outside accounts not being used