Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

A Raven's Eye

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven March 13th, 2018

This is simply to open my "page" or diary. I may not write here for a bit.

~SpruceRaven

764
User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 5th, 2018

The "Cave"

When she feel it's not cool enough nor dark enough, this is Angel's latest solution!😍💓💞💖💗

edited by Rain45 Please use direct imgur link only

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 5th, 2018

Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:39 AM

It is not enough to have survived.

It is not enough to have come out of hiding.

It is not enough to have reawakened, nor

to have identified one's wounds and missteps.

However we come to it,

however long delayed...

regardless of environment and resources

Or...their lack

We are each responsible

for the raising of ourselves

And for acquiring the structure,

the discipline

and ethics

to become and mantain

the person

we claim to be.

~ SpruceRaven

21 February 2018

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 5th, 2018

The Work of Happiness
BY MAY SARTON

I thought of happiness, how it is woven
Out of the silence in the empty house each day
And how it is not sudden and it is not given
But is creation itself like the growth of a tree.
No one has seen it happen, but inside the bark
Another circle is growing in the expanding ring.
No one has heard the root go deeper in the dark,
But the tree is lifted by this inward work
And its plumes shine, and its leaves are glittering.


So happiness is woven out of the peace of hours
And strikes its roots deep in the house alone:
The old chest in the corner, cool waxed floors,
White curtains softly and continually blown
As the free air moves quietly about the room;
A shelf of books, a table, and the white-washed wall—
These are the dear familiar gods of home,
And here the work of faith can best be done,
The growing tree is green and musical.


For what is happiness but growth in peace,
The timeless sense of time when furniture
Has stood a life's span in a single place,
And as the air moves, so the old dreams stir
The shining leaves of present happiness?
No one has heard thought or listened to a mind,
But where people have lived in inwardness
The air is charged with blessing and does bless;
Windows look out on mountains and the walls are kind.

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 5th, 2018

Leave the familiar for a while.
Let your senses and bodies stretch out

Like a welcomed season
Onto the meadows and shores and hills.

Open up to the Roof.
Make a new water-mark on your excitement
And love.

Like a blooming night flower,
Bestow your vital fragrance of happiness
And giving
Upon our intimate assembly.
Change rooms in your mind for a day.

All the hemispheres in existence
Lie beside an equator
In your heart.

Greet Yourself
In your thousand other forms
As you mount the hidden tide and travel
Back home.
~ Hafiz
(Sufi Poet)

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 5th, 2018

For @lonelyandsickFede

Please Remember That:

You

Are

POWERFUL IN PEACE!

You've got this! 💞🌞💥💖

1st posted on March 19th.

STILL TRUE.

And will be so till the end of time!💓💝

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 5th, 2018

There's a Taoist teaching (paraphrased):

'The 2nd best Emperor is well known and well liked; the people trust him and turn to him for guidance and aid.

'The BEST Emperor, no one even knows that he exists : he leads and provides, and the people believe that they have done it themselves. '

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 5th, 2018

@lonelyandsickFede

Thank you for not giving up on me.

Thank you for staying...no matter what.

Because of you, good will come of this.

Because of you, I see things continuing to shift and long standing chaos falls away.

Reposted by@lonelyandsickFede:) Thank you for wanting me to stay <3

-----'----"----'---"

First posted on 18 March 2018.

Still true.

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 5th, 2018

One word for me is:

Uncertain
( Breathing.)

Anxious!
(Breathing)

Scared!
(Breathing )

....Changing?
(Rapid Breathing)

Breathless!
( BREATHE!)

(Okay....
......Breathing....👍)

Breathing
( Breathing? )
(Breathing!)

(Okay..)
Breath.

(Breath?!!! )
(Yes...
....breath!)

(Naaaaahh...)

(Hmmmm.
Okay....)

I .... am.

~SpruceRaven
late 17 Mar 2018
(revised)

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 5th, 2018

We all know the story:
How an irritant of sand
or a foreign object

...eventually
becomes a pearl.

A thing of beauty
created out of
pain

covered over
in protecting
the rest of oneself

What doesn't kill us
makes us stronger
And so forth and so on
...and on and on

What they forget to mention
is that in accessing the pearl
you have to kill the creature in whom it resides.

- SpruceRaven
Pearl poem#1
2/21/18

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 5th, 2018

I didn't run this time,

nor try to change it.

I didn't fight.

I didn't scream

nor cry

nor yell.

I didn't cower.

I didn't hide.

I didn't try

to defend.

I didn't explain

nor placate.

No apology,

surrender,

nor plea.

I did not

hope

and I did not

pray.

My mind didn't spin.

My heart didn't race.

My body did not tremble, nor freeze.

My soul stood watch:

let the wave wash over me;

wash through me;

beyond me;

and back.

I closed my eyes.

I took

......a breath

and found a treasure:

unlooked for,

forgotten.....

at last

and again

...............my Self.

~Spruce Raven

early a.m., 19 Feb '18