A Raven's Eye
This is simply to open my "page" or diary. I may not write here for a bit.
~SpruceRaven
4 inches of fresh snow on the ground. So interesting how snow seems to carry with it.... a quietness, a peace and a strength. Renewal as well as hardiness.
Some of the coldest weather fosters the most amazing light. I suppose that's ture in human life as well as nature.
Let's....
Gear Up..and GO! ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄
@Rain45
NOTHING unsafe or inappropriate was said in all the highlighted stuff. If the site is capable go ahead snd unhighlight all of it.
That said i have serious doubts as to how "safe" this site is. I have had people be VICIOUS and downputting.. mean & petty....and no one steoped in to stop THAT!
Seems to be some double standards to say the least.
@SpruceRaven I totally agree
@SpruceRaven We try in the trauma community to safeguard our members as much as we possibly can and one of the ways we try and do this is asking our members to make their posts transparent. It is a lot of effort and time consuming for moderators to go into each and every post made to then highlight all the greyed out areas to see what is written just to check it is safe. We have a limited amount of forum mentors who can do this, Because of this we ask all our members to make their posts transparent to make sure our members are kept as safe as possible because we are fully aware there are people on this site who shouldnt be here and who have been known to groom our members and make contact and encourage contact outside of this site which endangers our members and because of this, we ask our members to observe the rules to keep everyone safe. This is for everyones benefit. This is not to annoy or make anyones life difficult but to actually safeguard where possible everyone
@Rain45
I understand what you mean. However selecting text doesn't take longer than few seconds and I feel that it's just an excuse to not say you shouldn't have jumped to conclusions and deleted every gray post ever. Or perhaps you could have warned us at the first gray post, where I clearly said it was meant only to be a way to hide it from members who could still decide to not honor that and select it. Literally anyone could open the thread and select the gray and see under it. I even tried it after logging out.. And it worked. It's quite unfair that you could see there was nothing unsafe or bad about those posts and still decided to delete them because you thought it was too time consuming to select some text. It's like saying that it takes too much effort and time to click (or tap, if you're on phone), hold and drag. I understand that mods have many posts to check, but saying that selecting some text takes longer than deleting all those posts without reading them (and I'm pretty sure that modding a post without reading it would be against the rules of any site, but whatever) is honestly ridiculous. But fine. You have the power anyway so of course you're not gonna care. It's not like now anyone can undo your modding and see that all the posts were safe and not against the rules. So we can't prove anything. Very unfair, we members can't do anything about it. Hope you're proud of yourself at least.
@lonelyandsickFede I have explained the rules on greyed out posting and how it requires a forum mentor to go into each and every post to check what lies beneath the greyed out areas. I spent many hours removing pictures that contravenes our rules and greyed out areas. I trust in the future the rules of the community will be respected.
@SpruceRaven
Thanks for your words and long posts :)
I'm gonna try to answer them all now
----
Weather
I really liked your words. They made me imagine all perfectly and it felt like I was there.
And I love snow, especially the sound of footsteps on it. It's so pure and soft and fluffy.. Truly beautiful to watch when it falls as well.
----
The beauty and art and wonderous creativity and gifts of Italy
I'm happy that you appreciate great, amazing, talented people of the past as much as I do.
I truly admire them, indipendently from their nationality.
In fact, beside Italians from previous ages, I like ancient Greeks and ancient Romans as well.
If I had to pick the person that I've always admired the most, the most amazing genius of all time, I'd say Leonardo Da Vinci.
He was what we call "uomo dal multiforme ingegno", or "polymath", meaning something along the lines of "man with manifold talents".
He was a painter, a sculptor, an inventor, an architect, and a lot more things. And he was truly amazing at each one of them.
And despite that, he was a perfectionist and so humble that he often left things unfinished because he was insecure about them.
Regarding knowing only artists.. if you want to know poets, I'd start with some classics.
Dante Alighieri and his Divine Comedy are a great start.
The main poets that are almost mandatory to learn at school here are:
Dante Alighieri, Francesco Petrarca, Giovanni Boccaccio, Guido Cavalcanti, Guido Guinizelli, Matteo Maria Boiardo, Ludovico Ariosto, Torquato Tasso, Giovan Battista Marino, Giuseppe Parini, Vittorio Alfieri, Angelo Poliziano, Vincenzo Monti, Ugo Foscolo, Giacomo Leopardi, Alessandro Manzoni, Giosuè Carducci, Giovanni Pascoli, Giuseppe Gioachino Belli, Trilussa, Luigi Pirandello, Tommaso Marinetti, Gabriele d'Annunzio, Cesare Pavese, Eugenio Montale, Salvatore Quasimodo, Giuseppe Ungaretti, Pier Paolo Pasolini.
My favorite poets are Dante, Giacomo Leopardi, Ugo Foscolo, Alessandro Manzoni, Giovanni Pascoli and Giuseppe Ungaretti.
A fun fact: Dante called his main poem "Comedy" and humbly considered it nothing special... and then Boccaccio called it "divine" because he considered it perfect, so it became known as Divine Comedy.
----
My silly rhyme and the pretty sunset Raven pic
I'm honored that you liked my rhyme that much, but I don't think it's worthy of being called poem. I only tried to make something cute for you. I do like the photo though. So much freedom and beauty arise from it. You know, I think it fits you.
It's so sweet of you to think about the effort I put into everything and remember about my conditions. Only few people do that, and I truly appreciate that you do. You're so caring and kind...
Your friendship means a lot to me too, and I'm really happy I could help you and encourage you.
Getting to know you was special and a true bliss. You're extremely rare and precious.
I don't know how I healed you in many ways, but I'm glad I did. How....... how did I do it exactly?
"I'm just so delighted to meet you and continue to get to know you. You have such a rich complexity to you, and a depth of heart and core of strength and integrity that is rare indeed."
Aaah, I'm crying. You're just so sweet and awesome 
I'm at a loss for words...
I need a moment to pull myself together, hahaha...
----
Flying Away & the Importance of Names
I really enjoyed reading the whole story about Ravens. I like that they follow you around and protect you and show you the way.
And it's cute that when they're around good things happen. Perhaps I should get you a raven as a pet, so you'd be happy all the time :)
Many many feathery hugs to you (even tho I have no feathers!) 
----
Portugal, coffee and more
About your friend, I'd give it a try :) Maybe you can reconnect with him.
Oh, that's kinda funny :D Your dog changed behavior based on its name! It's pretty cool. So do you still call her Schoeni?
----
----
Things to tell me
I feel like that list of things you still wanna tell me might have to wait until next time we talk, someday. I don't really feel safe sharing them here and apparently SOMEONE hates that we use gray text to cover our private conversations from other members.
----
Mmmh.. I think I answered the rest already..
---
Thank you for posting those lovely poems :) I like them!
---
"111 Days -- NO CONTACT."
To be honest I'm not entirely sure who you're referring to, but that's AWESOME!
I'm proud of you :)
@lonelyandsickFede My brother was very abusive for decades. He is the 111 days no contact.
@SpruceRaven Oh...... That's horrible :( I'm so sorry
@lonelyandsickFede
i am seeing all your lovely posts and will be responding soon. Plus with "the story"
We knew all along that the maderators were reading "under the gray" and even discussed it and expected it.
I think we are getting further blowback now because we responded and stood up for ourselves.
@SpruceRaven Yea, that's probably it :\ Heh..
The List!😍💖📚
@lonelyandsickFede
Thank You! I have read Dante. 😃 The rest of the list i will copy out and look forward to exploring.
Oh. There is still so much to talk about!💓
@lonelyandsickFede
The name Ungaretti sounds somewhat familiar. Can you give me an example of his (?) work?
Yes! DaVinci....such an amazing man: artist, sculptor, inventor, scientist, observer and lover of life. W💓W!
@Rain45
RE:
"Edited by Rain45 Does not comply with Trauma Guidelines on Posting. Please do not block out your writing using highlighting to disguise using names and indicating about meeting up or maintaining contact. Please post appropriately in this forum. The safety of our members is of paramount importance"
As previously stated, the highlighted was used --.
1. so that painful information could be shared. Any one could...and many did read it. It did not entail a discussion of any other members and was not a threat or a danger to anyone.
2. Both parties who used the highlighting EXPECTED that the moderayors would be reading even the highlighted material AND at least one Listener has long been aware of the highlighted material. This material has not been edited nor sanctioned....until now...and even now...it isnt necessary. There's nothing harmful there. Never has been.
3. As for hiding usernames....well.... Full Disclosure: i have had some run-ins eith other members who have been rather ha4sh and judgemental towards me. Perhaps even cruel.
So...first i thought of leaving the site.
Then i thought of a namechange. And got one approved.
I wanted the name change so I could come back and participate freely.
I didnt want those other members to know. THIS was for MY SAFETY!
4. I believe in the value of Active Listening. Of compassion and safe community. I wanted to find a way to give back here and also find support here. ... i still want to believe that's possible...
5. And...it desturbs me that your editing comment references keeping this community safe as of paramount importance; and also references our highlighting as a threat to that....when ACTUALLY it was MY safety at risk.
6. I'd like to find a way to stay...or come back ...and participate here...even give back.....BUT ...how can I do that when it seems that MY safety is not of EQUAL importance to others?
@SpruceRaven Couldn't have said it better myself!