An experience in my childhood.
First of all, I must apologise for all this. I am not even sure if I classify as a survivor, but, I feel that this is the right forum to post to in regards to how I am feeling.
When I was around 11 or maybe 12, I was spending some time with a relative and that relative at the time was also looking after a cousin of mine who was maybe seven or eight. My cousin has always been somewhat scary, I remember the first time I met him, he promised he would get his dad to shoot me with a shotgun if I upset him.
We were playing some kind of game and at one point, he decided to add a little stipulation to it, if I lost, I had to, in his words, "kiss his willy." I lost, and I did what he said. Curiousity grew and eventually we sexually experimented. No penetration, just rubbing up against one another and we both called it off very soon. I felt wrong and I was scared. I managed to avoid my cousin for several years until I ran into his mother at a Christmas party last year.
Meeting her caused all these memories to come flooding back, and now, as a 17 year old looking back at what happened, I feel sick, I feel like a monster. Like a criminal. I feel like every person you see on those stupid "To Catch a Predator" specials.
I tried to look for advice using a local web servicefor people in my country, the operator I was talking with thought I was in danger and sent the emergency services over to my house. The emergency services were police, I later tried using the service a second time and the same thing happened.
Because of this, I am too scared of reaching out for help again, at least in a more open setting than this. My current partner knows about what happened, as do a few of my close friends. But other than that, I have stayed silent about all this.
I don't know what to do, or even what I am anymore. I can't look myself in the mirror without being sick to my stomach, I feel as if I have already set myself up for a lifetime of being a criminal sex offender. I feel as if I ruined my cousin's life and my own. I don't want to see him, he still scares me. I don't know what to do anymore, I am 17 and I have wasted my life.
I am scared. I am sick. And I don't know what to do. Should I move on? Shrug it off? Should I hand myself into the police? Should I go all the way and just, "vanish" off the face of the Earth?
Any advice will help, I am so sorry for all this. I am so sorry.
I'll tell you a story .. when I was about 8 or 9 and my lil brother would've been 7 or 8, we had this weird babysitter named Becky. Becky always wanted to play "house". She would make me and my bro take our clothes off and lay in the bed w/her b/c she was our "mom". She'd touch us in our "private parts". We never told our mom until we finally moved away from that house and got a new babysitter. That kindascrewed us up a little bit .. I'm 29 now and he's 28 .. we never talk about it. But stuff like that can haunt you for awhile. You just gotta learn to let it go. The past is the past. You say you're 17? You're probably a smart guy w/potential .. go to school and get a great job and forget about that old stuff. Thinking about that isn't going to pay your bills! lol ;) Well, I hope you have a nice Christmas at least.